Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 RuPaul's Drag Race

Long-time Lurker
    I've hated most of Kameron's runway looks. I just don't like her aesthetic. There's something that always seems so old-fashioned about it to me.

At first I didn't even like her backstage, but I've kind of warmed up after seeing a little personality with the other queens and in the interviews. I just don't think she's finale material.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    ^ who wouldn't?!?!? If you would vote any of these queens over Jackie Beat then you must have found out about Drag yesterday.
    But that’s precisely the issue with Drag Race — while it may have exposed a larger audience to drag, most of them are not versed in drag history or even general LGBT history. Even the young queens who come on the show admit that their first exposure to drag was through the show. A lot of them are embarrassingly ignorant about drag and gay culture. That’s why so many fishy queens and pageant queens and queens who are essentially good at makeup and taking Instagram photos become popular with fans, and why the quirky and referential ones usually get laughed at or downplayed.

As much as I like the show, there is a side to it being popularized in pop culture that’s frustrating.

post28!

Kameron is probably the least attractive to me out of drag on this season to me. Dusty Ray Bottoms is the cutest. Aquaria, Mayhem, and Cracker are cute. Cracker was robbed all seaon. Eureka, Asia, and Kameron were the ones given passes. To me, Cracker is the true winner and star of the season. Well, maybe Aquaria too. Aquaria definitely surprised me. My top 4 would have been Monet, Cracker, Aquaria, and Asia. I will say it again and again. Although this was a pretty solid season of DR, the top four is the worst ever. Eureka and Kameron should not even have been in the top half of the show.

Aside from whether the judges haven Eureka a pass or not... does anyone think she had a huge advantage having already been on season 9? She already knew what the experience was going to be, what was going to be asked of her that she couldn’t have anticipated when she went into season 9, etc.
    Basically, for her it was almost as if she were competing on all stars (where the queens usually seem more prepared than their first season) except it wasn’t all stars.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    Aside from whether the judges haven Eureka a pass or not... does anyone think she had a huge advantage having already been on season 9? She already knew what the experience was going to be, what was going to be asked of her that she couldn’t have anticipated when she went into season 9, etc.
    Basically, for her it was almost as if she were competing on all stars (where the queens usually seem more prepared than their first season) except it wasn’t all stars.
    I dunno, that advantage didn't really help Shangela or Cynthia Lee all that much when they returned the following year. It just seems painfully evident this season more than any in a long time that Ru is really the one shaping the show and choosing who she wants to remain on board. Why even have judges?

It was great to see Aquaria lip sync tonight. She’s such a star and it was so apparent she’s the true winner, especially seeing them replay all the looks she’s turned this season with so much originality and variety. I really don’t see how anyone could say Kameron is on her level.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Tonight's episode just made me happy. I think I love all four of them, now.
    So impressed with how they talked on the main stage and podcast.. and they all had to talk a lot.
    This is a solid top 4, after all.

At the end it said to watch them battle in 3 weeks. Are they lip sync battling in rounds again? If so it's going to be closer than I ever thought.. because Asia turnt her part of that routine out. I didn't expect that.
    They were all so good, really.

Aquaria, as much as I hate to say this, is the most talented. It's a fact I can't run from anymore. And the audience for DragRace gets younger and younger. Family's watch it together. If she won it'd be a great inspiration for all those young queens in the making.

I'm still #TeamEureka
    It's time for a big girl to take the trophy. And we've had so many big girls of all colors representing all kinds of different styles of drag that have brought it for years. I think of Latrice and Stacey and Mystique and Jiggly (I adore Jiggly) and Jayden and Darienne and Madame LaQueer and Delta Work!!! And of course PorkChop
    They've paved the way. C'mon, Eureka and bring this one home for all of us big, body beautiful folks.
    Last edited by Volta; 06-15-2018 at 04:52 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    Aside from whether the judges haven Eureka a pass or not... does anyone think she had a huge advantage having already been on season 9?
    I think she has had a major advantage...its not just that she was on the show season 9, but she experienced all the things that come after and the show almost catered to that. For example, the Drag Con Panel challenge ...seeing Eureka be on panels last year and having that experience definitely gave her the advantage, in a way that Cynthia Lee, or any other returning queen, never had.

Anyway, as for this weeks episode, it definitely looks like they are giving Eureka the winners edit...which is a shame, as clearly Aquaria is the powerhouse of the remaining queens....her looks, charm, personality, lipsync and choreo were all on point.

Was it just me or again, did it look like Eureka was given a free pass in this challenge - her Choreo was definitely the easiest of the 4, being much simpler than Aquaria and Asia?

So wait, all 4 are still in the run for the final?
    post28!

yep...just like last season. they will do the lipsync for the crown format. The finale has already been filmed, so there are spoilers of what goes down....

I don't know (and won't be reading) spoilers, but I can't imagine Eureka wins under these circumstances. She is literally terrible at lip syncing. That Call Me Mother was a mess.

If there are no big rose-petal-shaped upsets and we're going by raw talent alone, the final two should be Aquaria v Kameron, unless they face each other in the first round.

So is Top 4 going to be the new format now? Not sure if I like that tbh.

I dunno, it seems the last few episodes have been less strong primarily due to the choices and comments made by the producers and jury, which is a shame since all in all it's been a very good season imo.
    post28!

Another huge problem with this top 4 beyond the general lack of star power, especially considering a lip sync for the crown, is that they have virtually no chemistry. Aquaria and Eureka are supposed to be the two frontrunners, but is there any drama in watching them lip sync against each other? Have they had any sort of storyline together this season? Do they even have a relationship? The season 9 lip sync for the crown worked, imo, in large part because the cast had great chemistry. This top 4 reminds me of season 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Another huge problem with this top 4 beyond the general lack of star power, especially considering a lip sync for the crown, is that they have virtually no chemistry. Aquaria and Eureka are supposed to be the two frontrunners, but is there any drama in watching them lip sync against each other? Have they had any sort of storyline together this season? Do they even have a relationship? The season 9 lip sync for the crown worked, imo, in large part because the cast had great chemistry. This top 4 reminds me of season 7.
    I agree with that...if Cracker had made it they could have had an Aquaria/Cracker showdown.

i'm still bummed that Monique Heart didn't make it farther. I thought she was a real frontrunner when the season started.

if Aquaria doesn't win the crown i'll be bummed. this is Trump's America though so watch Kameron win it all.