Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: 2018 RuPaul's Drag Race

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    That script was horrendously bad - they're always tacky and a bit shit, but usually endearingly so and sort of charming amateur film/theatre sketches. But this was just, bad. There was little to actually work with there for pretty much every character. It didn't help then that so many of them were so weak at it... and the "direction" they were getting from Michele and Ross was just terrible.

But that lipsync was wonderful. Truly great and I was so happy to see them both stay on the back of that lipsync.

The winner made me go huh? She did good in the challenge, but that runway was just uninspired.

Kameron was the only one who actually looked old - but when I saw her pull out the latex I knew it'd be the only one that looked good under the lights. Everyone else went with makeup - which might look good in the workroom but wouldn't read as well on those runway lights. I did love Eureka's look - it did feel like an older lady dressing up for the theatre or something and that wig totally worked with it - but it also just didn't go far enough.

Aquaria's look was a great runway look for a different challenge.. there's no way she could have won when her look didn't read at all for the actual runway theme. Cracker's plastic surgery joke with her lips mostly landed.

I dunno. The best things about this week were the pitcrew, and the lipsync.

The winner of last episode was the mini challenge.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    That script was horrendously bad - they're always tacky and a bit shit, but usually endearingly so and sort of charming amateur film/theatre sketches. But this was just, bad. There was little to actually work with there for pretty much every character. It didn't help then that so many of them were so weak at it... and the "direction" they

I dunno. The best things about this week were the pitcrew, and the lipsync.
    Haha. I totally paused my dvr several times during that challenge. #15 I think it was? Damn he was hot. And I also saw a fb friend on there! So cool!
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I think it's going to be very hard to keep Aquaria and Asia out of the finals. Ru seems to be hell bent on praising those two the most. I hope Eureka can make it. Too many episodes to go until we are there but I feel like we are ready to be there if that makes any sense. Also next weeks challenge is all about looks and Aquaria and Asia excel at that. I'm worried about Monet and Eureka because Monet, for all that is amazing about her, just never gives you glamour and Eureka being a big girl with a twinky guy.. that's going to be a hard "are they in the same family" look.
    I love that Cracker thought she'd be the comedy queen this season but she's the look queen in reality.

Kameron is the wildcard because just when you think she is going to fail... she comes through. And she had the most lines it seemed in the last challenge and I didn't think she did so bad. I also thought Eureka would destroy her during the lip sync and Kameron was amazing. Eureka was better, tho.

If they do a top 4 lsfyl this season instead of a top 3 I almost think Eureka has to be there. She can turn it. Ru has to be shaping the cast for that lip sync battle. That's what I'd do, anyhow, with a show so beloved and so highly rated. I think Dragrace is really what keeps the lights on at VH-1.
    Last edited by Volta; 05-22-2018 at 03:01 AM.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

Eureka is being set up to be the winner. She definitely should have went home last week. Kameron murdered her in the lsfyl. But, Kameron should have gone home a long time ago.
    Tonight, the person who went home should have been safe. with the safe for the bottom 3 doing the lip sync. that person was the worst of the challenge. but, of the two they chose to be in the bottom, the person that went home won the lsfyl. this has kind of been the most wtf of all the seasons. ahhh. i hope i am making sense. i guess i could use spoilers and place names. haha.

First
    Last edited by Volta; Yesterday at 02:14 AM.

I’m sad Anthony Padilla basically did the worst because he’s my secret husband. I think he’s so beautiful.

I was nervous for Cracker but that was clever editing because that guy obviously destroyed this challenge. He was amazing. I also think Eureka did really well. I thought she might be eclipsed by Frankie Grande’s huge (read: annoying) personality but their runway act was great.

Eureka's strategy to throw off Aquaria kind of backfired when she gave her good Tennessee friend someone who had almost no feminine energy or even just interesting stage presence.
    But Kameron really does not want to go home. She turned that lip sync out and about.

As energized as Frankie was he seemed way too chill for what I was expecting. Eureka got lucky.

Poor Monet done gone and broke mother's light bulbs. She shouldn't have been in the bottom to begin with but she just fell apart during that lsfyl. I thought it'd be the other way around.

Did Asia make that coat in one night? Oh, henny. I think she should win, now.
    Last edited by Volta; Yesterday at 07:57 AM.

First of all: Am I on crazy pills, or did Eufreaka look shockingly like Cynthia Lee Fontaine!?!?!?!?!?

Second: I'm shocked that it was Aquaria who pulled out an obscure Shirley Q. Liquor reference!!!!! There's no way that was a coincidence. "Capricia Corn" is how Shirley mispronounces Capricorn in this video (skip to 1:12). I got a big kick out of that because ever since we first heard it, my best friend and I have been pronouncing is as "capricia-corn!" ever since.

And omg!!! Could Tyler Oakley be any more adorable!?!?!?!?!?!? I had never heard of him or seen him before, but it only took a few minutes for him to be my new crush! He just seemed so nice, was having a ton of fun, shared great chemistry with Monet and kept flashing that beautiful smile!

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Didn't know any of the social media personalities, but that Eufreka looked like a clone of Cynthia both in and out of drag lol.

The win was well deserved; it could have gone all ways. Glad that she won here, she really saw all her confidence and self-eseteem go down the drain the past few episodes. Baffled that Aquaria was not in the bottom 2, but at least she took the critiques seriously this time.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireTampon View Post
    First of all: Am I on crazy pills, or did Eufreaka look shockingly like Cynthia Lee Fontaine!?!?!?!?!?
    I legitimately thought Frankie Grande was Cynthia actually, when the social media "stars" initially walked out.

Aquaria was the worst. No chemistry, no proper coordination, vastly inferior look for her sister. I thought Monet and Tyler Oakley were much better matched than those two. Oh, and yeah, for once, Monet looked great. Eureka could have easily won as well, but Cracker and Cookie were pretty much perfect as well. Kameron and Kelly were giving me Ace of Base sisterhood; I did buy it. Asia was good, but clearly beneath Eureka and Cracker.

Also, that lipsync was insane! The level is extremely high for this season, it almost feels like All Stars.

Was RuPaul drunk? Because goddamn, those were some hilarious (and sometimes over-the-top) antics from him in the work room AND on the main stage!
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.

I think he's never been this... present in an episode. Of course, it may be the editing, but still, it was interesting to see.

Why does Ru always, always have the right words to say? In the workroom, his words of wisdom are always perfectly on point.
    He's having a lot of fun this season with the girls.

Speaking of Eureka and Eufreaka, one of my friends who loathes Eureka said he was mad that she keeps serving the same look. I told him I thought it was odd the only read the queens had about last nights look was the poof sleeves.
    I'm sorry but those dresses were beautiful and the sleeves were tulle, right? That's a difficult fabric to work with, imo. And I rather liked their looks.
    Last edited by Volta; Today at 06:13 AM.