Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: 2018 RuPaul's Drag Race

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    That script was horrendously bad - they're always tacky and a bit shit, but usually endearingly so and sort of charming amateur film/theatre sketches. But this was just, bad. There was little to actually work with there for pretty much every character. It didn't help then that so many of them were so weak at it... and the "direction" they were getting from Michele and Ross was just terrible.

But that lipsync was wonderful. Truly great and I was so happy to see them both stay on the back of that lipsync.

The winner made me go huh? She did good in the challenge, but that runway was just uninspired.

Kameron was the only one who actually looked old - but when I saw her pull out the latex I knew it'd be the only one that looked good under the lights. Everyone else went with makeup - which might look good in the workroom but wouldn't read as well on those runway lights. I did love Eureka's look - it did feel like an older lady dressing up for the theatre or something and that wig totally worked with it - but it also just didn't go far enough.

Aquaria's look was a great runway look for a different challenge.. there's no way she could have won when her look didn't read at all for the actual runway theme. Cracker's plastic surgery joke with her lips mostly landed.

I dunno. The best things about this week were the pitcrew, and the lipsync.

The winner of last episode was the mini challenge.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    That script was horrendously bad - they're always tacky and a bit shit, but usually endearingly so and sort of charming amateur film/theatre sketches. But this was just, bad. There was little to actually work with there for pretty much every character. It didn't help then that so many of them were so weak at it... and the "direction" they

I dunno. The best things about this week were the pitcrew, and the lipsync.
    Haha. I totally paused my dvr several times during that challenge. #15 I think it was? Damn he was hot. And I also saw a fb friend on there! So cool!
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I think it's going to be very hard to keep Aquaria and Asia out of the finals. Ru seems to be hell bent on praising those two the most. I hope Eureka can make it. Too many episodes to go until we are there but I feel like we are ready to be there if that makes any sense. Also next weeks challenge is all about looks and Aquaria and Asia excel at that. I'm worried about Monet and Eureka because Monet, for all that is amazing about her, just never gives you glamour and Eureka being a big girl with a twinky guy.. that's going to be a hard "are they in the same family" look.
    I love that Cracker thought she'd be the comedy queen this season but she's the look queen in reality.

Kameron is the wildcard because just when you think she is going to fail... she comes through. And she had the most lines it seemed in the last challenge and I didn't think she did so bad. I also thought Eureka would destroy her during the lip sync and Kameron was amazing. Eureka was better, tho.

If they do a top 4 lsfyl this season instead of a top 3 I almost think Eureka has to be there. She can turn it. Ru has to be shaping the cast for that lip sync battle. That's what I'd do, anyhow, with a show so beloved and so highly rated. I think Dragrace is really what keeps the lights on at VH-1.
    Last edited by Volta; 05-22-2018 at 03:01 AM.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..