Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: 2018 RuPaul's Drag Race

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    I honestly don't think any of the top 4 have brought anything new to the world of RuPaul's Drag Race... Is there any of them you can look at and honestly say they're bringing something brand new to that show?

Raven Chachki, Delta Estranga, Milky Muscle Pearl, and Raja Zahara Benet

I mean, Pandora Monsoon was one of my personal favourites, and I'm sad that she's gone, so I'm not particularly invested in any of the top 4 winning.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Y'all are high. This season has been an absolute delight. I am a hundred percent happy with any of these queens winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Perky Compson View Post
    Y'all are high. This season has been an absolute delight. I am a hundred percent happy with any of these queens winning.
    I loved the season too, but you’d be happy with Kameron winning?

It would be so appropriate in Trump’s America for a stereotypically attractive muscular white guy to be rewarded with the crown for being “hot” over all the incredibly talented and creative queens of color that graced this season. There has never been anyone less deserving of that top 4 spot in the history of this show.

some relevant comments from Asia on this topic:

Last edited by MikeEP; Today at 06:59 PM.

I don't really know what exactly could be done that is new and unique and original at this point, after 13 seasons featuring 126 queens. The only major change I could imagine would be to include bio and fully transitioned queens, which isn't a direction I'd want the show to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Perky Compson View Post
    I've really liked this season a lot, and it's a nice rebound after what I thought was a VERY weak All-Stars.

I really like Aquaria and think she would make an incredibly deserving winner. She's had sensational looks, she's been receptive to and implemented feedback, and she's exceled at challenges that initially seemed like they wouldn't be in her wheelhouse. She's definitely so much more than just her fashions.

I like Asia as well. I'm not a huge admirer of Eureka, but I recognize her talent and thinks she deserves to be in the top 4. She's extremely charismatic and polished. And Kameron stands pretty much no chance of winning, but based on the last episode it would have made no sense to eliminate him. Sure, him making the Top 4 seems like a stretch, but I find him to be so much more appealing than, say, Roxxxy Andrews.

Of the eliminated Queens, I really liked Monet and Cracker, but they didn't do as well as they could have on the actual challenges.

Last episode only made me love this season more, that challenge was amazing and I think they all did very very well, including Kameron.
    I don't think I'd be okay with any of the 4 winning: both Kameron and Asia miss that certain extra X-factor.
    But Eureka (goofball comedy campy goodnes) or Aquaria (stylish, great dancer and performer and also capable of bringing the lolz): more than fine!

(also, Aquaria was on fire last episode, now we see that see can also lipsync like a pro and her part in the music video AND runway look were 100% amazing)
    post28!

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    I actually thought Asia was going to be eliminated just based off that lip sync, but she's pretty much been primed to win all season. That being said, I really have no idea who's going to end up winning. I can see pros and cons for all of them, honestly. Kameron is probably who I would peg for last, but I said the same for Peppermint last season and she ended up being runner-up, so who knows.

Long-time Lurker
    I'd be happy if either Aquaria or Asia won. I like Eureka for final 3, and if she won, I wouldn't be terribly upset, but I def think Aquaria or Asia should win over her.

For me, Kameron should have been cut. I don't like the lip sync tournament battle format anyway, so I like a final 3 better than a final 4.

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Last episode only made me love this season more, that challenge was amazing and I think they all did very very well, including Kameron.
    I don't think I'd be okay with any of the 4 winning: both Kameron and Asia miss that certain extra X-factor.
    But Eureka (goofball comedy campy goodnes) or Aquaria (stylish, great dancer and performer and also capable of bringing the lolz): more than fine!

(also, Aquaria was on fire last episode, now we see that see can also lipsync like a pro and her part in the music video AND runway look were 100% amazing)
    So much truth in this post. While I'm still #teamEureka, Aquaria displayed impressive lipsync skills in that episode, and also personal growth throughout the season. I wouldn't be upset with her winning, just like I wasn't with Violet Chachki (although to be honest, my favorite was Ginger Minj). Kameron is indeed filler at this point, and clearly the weakest link, but I have to say that I appreciate her tenacity and drive. What's weird to me, though, is that we all talk a lot about Kameron's body, yet nobody is mentioning Asia's face. She's so fucking cute as a boy!

On the other hand, though, I think what Asia said about Cracker applies to herself and to Kameron - they are simply not stars in the way that Eureka and Aquaria are. Another problem with Asia - she's supposed to be this sartorial goddess, killer seamstress/designer, yet many of her looks have been thoroughly unimpressive. I did like her evil twin look, though, and her turquoise dress from the finale left me gagging. Still, overall, nowhere near, say, Raja level (but then again, nobody could ever beat Raja as far as I am concerned).

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    If it’s a lip sync tournament, I can see a scenario where I’m totally happy with Kameron winning, I should say. I appreciate that despite going into the the bottom two last week knowing the stats were stacked against her she still gave it 100%, and that knowing that again she went into the top four with the same grit and tenacity as ever. She’s a workhorse queen, and that’s a trait I really admire. Plus she was the clear winner of the American challenge this week imo. My roommates and I were watching and my roommate, who doesn’t even like Kameron, looked at me and went “holy shit, they CANNOT eliminate her tonight” after that.

Barring something like a rightfully demolished lip sync tournament I wouldn’t want Kameron to win, but I honestly can’t pick of the others who I like best.

I thought Kameron’s American verse was Roxxxy Andrews-level bad except not as entertaining. Ross (who I really like) trying to act like the “big dreams/small town” line is *OMG so poignant* felt so forced to me. We barely learned anything about Kameron this season except that he didn’t feel self-worth until he became muscular enough to get attention for posting shirtless selfies on Instagram.