Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2018 RuPaul's Drag Race

Well, this was the worst snatch game ever. Which is a good thing, because the future ones won't suck as bad as this one and they'll always look funny in comparison.
    The lipsync battles, seriously, what is going on? They are doing them in automatic pilot. Last week it was SO BORING and this week, if it weren't for Ben starting to make jokes it would've been boring too.

And let's face it: Chi Chi was asking to be eliminated. She can't be that terrible if it's not on purpose. It's the snatch game, you're doing Maya Angelou, and you don't even know the most basic stuff about her? She didn't want to quit, so she did it on purpose. It has to be that.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    I'm just curious. Why do you say that?
    The only one who hasn't just been cringeworthy in the workroom have been Ben and Morgan, imo. Thorgy and Milk both had their worst attributes on full display (Thorgy's hypocritical cattiness, Milk's arrogant attitude) and Trixie's stunt with the workroom station was just an ugly mean girl thing to do. It really is starting to get divided along racial lines and so far the white queens are all giving the producers ample material for villain edits.

By contrast, Chi Chi was very gracious about her placement and her elimination, and Shangela did not use Trixie's Thorgy note as a justification for kicking Trixie off. Kennedy's the only one who's gotten down and messy, but honestly, did any of us want more Milk?

I have no idea how anyone can say this is the worst season of Drag Race when AS1, S4 and S7 exist - or even the worst Snatch Game when S2 was basically singlehandedly saved from complete garbage by Pandora and Tatianna. The lipsyncs are subpar this season, but I laughed quite a few times at Aja, Shangela and Ben.

Maybe I'm just feeling jaded because every season is "the worst season of drag race" until the next season comes along. People were talking about how AS2 was a terrible season of television too, face-crack episode aside, because it was predictable that Roxxxy would be saved, Phi Phi was hard to watch, the runways were condensed, the lipsyncs lacked spark, Katya was getting robbed, etc etc etc.
    Last edited by Perky Compson; 02-16-2018 at 04:48 PM.

I will understand why Trixie is considered such a valuable queen. I have never seen her do one thing on the show successfully. And yet she's constantly saying how great of a comedy queen she is. Her jokes about the other queens in her confessionals never land either. Am I missing something?
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

No ^

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perky Compson View Post
    The only one who hasn't just been cringeworthy in the workroom have been Ben and Morgan, imo. Thorgy and Milk both had their worst attributes on full display (Thorgy's hypocritical cattiness, Milk's arrogant attitude) and Trixie's stunt with the workroom station was just an ugly mean girl thing to do. It really is starting to get divided along racial lines and so far the white queens are all giving the producers ample material for villain edits.

By contrast, Chi Chi was very gracious about her placement and her elimination, and Shangela did not use Trixie's Thorgy note as a justification for kicking Trixie off. Kennedy's the only one who's gotten down and messy, but honestly, did any of us want more Milk?

I have no idea how anyone can say this is the worst season of Drag Race when AS1, S4 and S7 exist - or even the worst Snatch Game when S2 was basically singlehandedly saved from complete garbage by Pandora and Tatianna. The lipsyncs are subpar this season, but I laughed quite a few times at Aja, Shangela and Ben.

Maybe I'm just feeling jaded because every season is "the worst season of drag race" until the next season comes along. People were talking about how AS2 was a terrible season of television too, face-crack episode aside, because it was predictable that Roxxxy would be saved, Phi Phi was hard to watch, the runways were condensed, the lipsyncs lacked spark, Katya was getting robbed, etc etc etc.
    What? We were all gagging over AS2. That was one of the best groupings of talent in the history of the show. Hell, I still listen to Read You, Wrote You at the gym or in the car.
    In fact, maybe putting too many stars in that one season is why this All Stars is so bad. Can you imagine if Alyssa or Tati or even Phi Phi was on this season? Hell, even Ms. Montrese would be a threat against this bunch.

And last season's final four (S9) was amazing. Best Season Finale i've ever seen. The lip sync battles alone were reasons to tune in. You knew at least one queen was going to throw down. And Valentina's popularity didn't harm the show, either. When they recap Season's 6-10 top moments the Valentina's lip sync gone way wrong will be on that list as well as Sasha killing that finale.
    One of my favorite lip syncs isn't even one that people talk about much. Aja vs. Nina. When Nina got down and shook them big ole bitties. And it's one of the few from Season 9 that youtube hasn't taken down, yet.

No, this is a mess all on it's own. And I can't help but think the production behind it all isn't just as messy.
    Ru ain't bringing it either. Her runway looks were always super gag-worthy. And her hair, makeup and dresses so far look like afterthoughts.
    Maybe she's phoning this one in cuz a bitch needs a nap getting RDR this far in the ratings and on Vh-1.

Season 10 is barely a month away. Ru needs to get some rest, damn.
    Last edited by Volta; Yesterday at 02:49 AM.
    Yes, even I can misspell four-letter words. Can you imagine that pewp?

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    If I were Shangie I would have sent Trixie packing. That was shady and done on purpose because Trixie was mad Milk was eliminated. At this point, I hope Shangela wins and the first time Ben gets in the bottom someone send his ass packing. That would be some good television.

I don't mind that Trixie can't compete well, either. Not everyone has the nerve for intense competition. She gives a great show live and is funny as hell on her television program.
    It would be nice to see some other queens lip sync for their legacy.. and fast, tho.
    Last edited by Volta; Yesterday at 02:57 AM.
    Yes, even I can misspell four-letter words. Can you imagine that pewp?