Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: 2018 RuPaul's Drag Race

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perky Compson View Post
    If it’s a lip sync tournament, I can see a scenario where I’m totally happy with Kameron winning, I should say. I appreciate that despite going into the the bottom two last week knowing the stats were stacked against her she still gave it 100%, and that knowing that again she went into the top four with the same grit and tenacity as ever. She’s a workhorse queen, and that’s a trait I really admire. Plus she was the clear winner of the American challenge this week imo. My roommates and I were watching and my roommate, who doesn’t even like Kameron, looked at me and went “holy shit, they CANNOT eliminate her tonight” after that.

Barring something like a rightfully demolished lip sync tournament I wouldn’t want Kameron to win, but I honestly can’t pick of the others who I like best.
    Girl can sang! Kameron definitely won that last episode.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    I loved the season too, but you’d be happy with Kameron winning?

It would be so appropriate in Trump’s America for a stereotypically attractive muscular white guy to be rewarded with the crown for being “hot” over all the incredibly talented and creative queens of color that graced this season. There has never been anyone less deserving of that top 4 spot in the history of this show.

some relevant comments from Asia on this topic:

That's messed up. The only black queen to have more than a million Instagram followers is Rupaul. And if you look up some of the thinner white queens they're not all that far behind Rupaul's total. I was shocked. Look up as many final 5 white queens as you can on instagram.. do the same for any of the black queens. That's just... wtf?

It also says something that Asia has the least amount of followers of the final four. And Eureka is the next least with an average of 4,000 likes a post.. but Kameron averages around 44,000 likes a post.
    Kameron could win this whole thing on the #teamKameron vote alone.

It's sad what the world see's as beauty and talent. THATS WHY I WANT THE BIG GIRL TO WIN NOW! Because I don't think Ru will have another opportunity to get a queen as everything as Eureka is after this season. There are always 3 thinner queens to the one plus-sized queen. And Eureka has it all. She can sew, she can paint, she can drop split and dance with the best of them. She's funny, she's personable, she can host/mc any club of any size or shape (some of those smaller stages are scary af in heels)..she'll wait until her entire meet and greet line is finished before going to do her last performance. She does nothing but praise the entire cast of whatever club of whatever city she is in.

If not Eureka then I guess this competition.. like so many other beauty/fashion/talent reality shows is just not the place for big girls to win. Show up and make a name for themselves, sure. But never win.
    Last edited by Volta; Today at 02:57 AM.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..