Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 RuPaul's Drag Race

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Hm Cracker says she wont do AS right now.

"Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    Yeah sorry but how does anyone NOT see a "winner" in her even if she technically wasn't the best on the show every week.

"This is the winter of our online content".... oh my god

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Eh, I just don't get it at all. Cracker started as an early favorite for me but by the end of her run she was just a stiff, awkward comedian who couldn't land a joke. I don't even get it with her off the show either. She's just...fine. She's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    We also have to keep in mind that when they are filming the show, they really have no idea how it's going to be edited together and who the audience is going to connect with.
    I don’t think that’s true. The producers have a sense of where things are going as it’s being filmed and are shaping the story through the interviews with the queens by the questions they ask and the prompts they give them. They even do that in the workroom itself. A lot of the conversations between queens are prompted by the producers off camera. Kelly Mantle told a funny story about it on Hey Qween (around the 1:20 mark): https://youtu.be/JxkHmnCG774

Plus I think they do have a sense at this point of how the queens will be received — for example, they totally saw the Vanjie thing coming. After episode 1 aired it became a huge meme online before we even knew it would be referenced on the show again (and again and again).
    Last edited by MikeEP; 06-12-2018 at 05:34 AM.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Yeah sorry but how does anyone NOT see a "winner" in her
    She is my biggest inspiration since Jinkx Monsoon, helping me to better understand myself, and to be who I really want to be.
    Anyway, we're not the only ones to see it, apparently her lines at Drag con were the longest bar Bianca del Rio and Sascha Velour.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    Plus I think they do have a sense at this point of how the queens will be received
    The queens themselves on the other hand however have no sense at all; they will not receive the support from fans until the show starts.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Aquaria will dethrone Sasha and this will be the reaction.

Aquaria

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    The queens themselves on the other hand however have no sense at all; they will not receive the support from fans until the show starts.
    Right. That must be so nerve-wracking. I actually remember seeing Katya nervously pacing around and smoking cigarettes right before the season 7 premiere viewing party at her home bar Jacques in Boston, minutes before the first episode was about to air. Katya was well known in Boston’s drag scene but it was crazy to see someone’s whole life change the way it did as those first few weeks of episodes aired. It was weird because I knew I was biased but could also tell immediately she was gonna be a fan favorite in a major way.

So Kameron is hot and all but I think Aquaria is SUCH a beautiful man out of drag. He looks like a statue of a gay deity.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    So Kameron is hot and all
    I get the feeling that the production team overestimated how much people would care for Kameron's body. It's part of the reason why I think he's somehow made it to the top 4.

Yeah I’ve never understood why people make a big deal out of Kameron’s body. Looks like the average gym-obsessed guy to me.

They're totally keeping him because hot guys out of drag are apparently good for ratings. They've done this many times (Pearl, and uh.. bunch of others I swear)

I think he's very good looking (but I haaaate chest tattoos) but I'm also watching the show for the DRAG. Kameron seems "nice" but not a drag superstar, why do they think fans want to see a pit crew member in the top 3??? They're setting him up for backlash.
    Last edited by Octopussy; 06-13-2018 at 03:48 AM.

Honestly, Kameron out of drag does nothing for me.
    (dusty ray bottom on the other hand...)
    post28!

There’s always one queen that inexplicably makes it to the finale. Hello, Roxxxy Andrews? Some have even won their seasons. Kameron has decent runway looks IMO. I don’t think she has a big enough personality for a drag queen, but I like my drag queens bitchy and loud and sarcastic and politically incorrect. Like, I’d vote Jackie Beat over all these queens.

^ who wouldn't?!?!? If you would vote any of these queens over Jackie Beat then you must have found out about Drag yesterday.