Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 RuPaul's Drag Race

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Tonight's winner

And I don't even want to go in about the queen sent home. Because I am sad for her... but ain't it nice to have a real villain? Great television. No one likes Phi Phi but we all know she made that season legendary. And I'm living for this season.
    Last edited by Volta; 05-04-2018 at 01:52 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Melania Trump ended up being way funnier than I thought she would be. I think Aquaria deserved that win.

Cracker is really bumming me out. She started really strong and she was one of my favorites for the season but her last few challenges have really missed the mark.

I loved kameron's choice in Chyna. I was nervous but he nailed it especially the voice. I needed more celebrity rehab Chyna though.

I agree about cracker... he reminds me of season 6 ben delacreme.

Also but I can't believe it but I'm coming around to being on Team Aquaria.
    Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 05-04-2018 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post
    Also but I can't believe it but I'm coming around to being on Team Aquaria.
    Me too, shockingly. At least she seems somewhat self-aware of her own foolishness. And her runways are always so evocative while still being totally fashion forward.

I'm SHOCKED she won snatch game. She is not a funny queen at all. And yet she pulled that out of nowhere. It's as shocking as the Vixen suddenly winning a fashion/runway challenge.

And yah, Vixen is really shooting herself in the foot. She had potential to be this incredibly outspoken, balls-of-steel queen, but now she just comes across like a whiny baby (which, ironically, is what she's coming at Eureka for).

Speaking of Eurkea, I'm coming around to being on her team too. Part of it might be her natural talent (she's killing the challenges), and some it might be the mama bear in me wanting to protect her from those unfair attacks. "She's too loud! She said too much during Snatch Game!"
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

Worst Snatch Game ever?

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    Worst Snatch Game ever?
    It definitely approached Season 4 levels of trainwreck. Also one of the worst lip synchs ever - was praying for a double elimination, despite there being a pretty evident winner.

^same.

What a waste of Cut to the Feeling

Seriously, WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT LIPSYNC?????? How can you forget the words of song whose lyrics are like, five lines? What were those "acrobatics" things? Why were they acting like they were perfoming another song? It's a song about joy and happiness and they were perfoming like, I don't know, "My heart will go on". It was a trainwreck. I was so sure it was going to be a double elimination. But Vixen still there will give us some really good episodes, so I'm kinda ok with that.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

I can't stop watching this trainweck of a somersault!

Didn’t feel nearly like one of the worst snatch games. People legitimately say that for every snatch game every season. Lol. Aquaria, Monet, and Eureka all did great and rank among the best snatch game performances ever. The bad ones were particularly bad but there will always be particularly bad contestants. Loved the Alex Trebek cameo.

It’s clear they wanted to send Vixen home tonight. It was her time. Monique didn’t try though so they couldn’t justify it. She’s a star though and I’m sure she will go on to do great things.

For a long time I enjoyed having a villain like The Vixen on the show, but now her jealousy has made her turn a corner and she's become a sad sight. Still, just when I think I'm ready to let her go, she does a little something that wins me over. In this case, it was her reference to fellow angry she-devil Azealia Banks. Heavy Metal and Reflective was my introduction to Ms. Banks and now, whenever I fantasize about performing a tough, impressive song, my go to is Yung Rapunxel.

Anyway! I'm so bummed over Miss Cracker not having been great for two weeks in a row! She no longer seems like the clear cut winner I thought she'd be. Now my top 3 are Aquaria, Eureka and Miss Cracker.

And I'm shocked: I have completely switched over to team Aquaria!!! She always gives you a story with her outfits and she goes for ideas that are consistently outside of the box!!! Her consistency as far as straying for the obvious is paying off in spades! I literally screamed with joy at the tv when I saw that oil spill mermaid look!!!! And she shoots for maximum efficiency, too! Her looks may seem simple or minimalist at times, but there's a lot of attention to detail, polish and thought going into what she does. Seriously, she always looks so damn iconic! On top of that, her personality has grown on me. I like that she's self-aware and she's not really bitchy. Violet was far meaner at this point of the competition. And considering that we're on season 10, I'm at the point where I'm happier with a queen that can gag me by doing one thing extremely well, than with a jack of all trades that's kind of 'meh'.

Aquaria was fast on her feet during that Snatch Game. I loved her joke about Chyna/China. It was just out of nowhere and perfect. But Eureka killed that. I was laughing out loud.
    Her runway look cost her, tho. When the Game was finished I figured whoever wore it best out of those three (Monet, Aquaria, Eureka) would take it. It also kind of hurt Eureka's chances when the judges are hearing how much she disturbs the other queens from just one queen.

Monet needs to paint that face better or she ain't ever going to get a win. And Asia's mask was too cool. I like when someone stands out for the right reasons. The looks I remember from last nights episode are Asia's and Aquaria's.

Vixen..
    I knew that Untucked was going to be gold. And you have to give it to Vixen.. she is still in it and to not get thrown off by a nearly unanimous vote from her "sisters" - Bitch has nerve.
    I have a feeling Vixen doesn't mind being that far out on the limb by herself. And like I said, it's great television to have a proper villain.

My top 3 now are Aquaria, Eureka and Vixen. Watch Vixen slay the next challenge or do something to make everyone forgive her. Eureka for the win. It's time for a big girl.

Aquaria was one of the guests at Sonja Morgan's Wednesday party on one of the last Real Housewives episodes. She seems to be pretty popular in the Big Apple.
    Last edited by Volta; 05-04-2018 at 11:38 PM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Also, I think it's worth noting that the queens all discussed how far they were willing to go with their political comedy. Some of these queens are going back to states where if you talk badly about Trump you might be in deep shit. Made me think about Michelle Wolf and Kathy Griffin. It's just not safe enough a climate, yet.
    But making fun of first ladies has always been acceptable for some reason.

Donald Trump is just not hated enough, yet. And his base are some mean people still.
    We have a primary coming up where the winner in the Republican race is the guy who keeps touting his support of "The Trump Agenda" and wants to end this witch hunt against him.
    Last edited by Volta; 05-04-2018 at 11:44 PM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I always find it annoying when clearly lesser queens keep on progressing towards the final stages for various reasons (see: Roxxxy Andrews on Season 5, Roxxxy Andrews on All Stars 2, Kennedy Davenport on season 7, Kennedy Davenport on All Stars 3), and this is clearly the case with the Vixen. However, Jesus cuntfucking Christ, how badly could things crumble for Monique in an instant? Wig, lyrics, acrobatics, a cornucopia of failure.