Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 RuPaul's Drag Race

At the start of the season I thought Aquaria was going to flop hard but she didn't. I didn't expect her to win snatch game and she did. I also went into the season cheering for Eureka but now I feel just the opposite. I'm not necessarily a fan of Aquaria but I much prefer her to win over Eureka and yes I do think Aquaria deserves it more than Eureka who is very hit or miss (she lip synched twice and won two challenges I believe). People are saying it's being set up for Eureka to win, I really hope that isn't true. It's kinda funny this season is a little reminiscent of season 7 Violet totally deserved her win but people mostly wanted Ginger to win. Aquaria is much better at the acting challenges than Violet was so here's hoping!

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    Rupaul: "Let's do an episode when I'm an unlicensed therapist helping people confront their inner saboteur/sabbatoir"

Rupaul's inner saboteur: "Let's ruin this season by sending the obvious winner home"

Also they finally played Vanity 6 "Nasty Girl" for a lip sync, which I've been wanting for years, and Kameron wins it with $2 stripper moves. Worst episode evahhh.

Also I think Michelle Visage is getting senile or maybe just early-onset dementia, her critiques have barely even made sense this season.

I wouldn’t call Mz Cracker the obvious winner. I loved her early on but she’s honestly been really terrible in a lot of the challenges this season. I don’t think she was ready for the show.

I'm pretty sure I'm biased towards all NYC queens and biased against all south-of-Mason-Dixon queens. Miz Cracker didn't succeed at everything, but to me she has the most star power of anyone currently left. It's an intangible quality that has nothing to do Michelle's dumbass criteria ("more!! MORE!! MOOOOORE!!!") so I don't really know how to explain it. I actually really like Aquaria but she's kind of a Violet 2.0.... Kameron is probably being kept around so they can do another shirtless mini challenge (eye candy, ratings, etc) because there's literally no other reason, Asia is good supporting cast but definitely not a winner, and honestly Eureka is a good player and contender but she is highly annoying and I'm not very excited to see any of these queens winning tbh.

What has Cracker done that would make her a satisfying winner?? She's a likable queen but she is not funny. She's like AS3 Trixie but with worse looks and even fewer jokes.

I do think we've been left with the worst top 4 in memory. Getting rid of Monét in particular was a really boneheaded move. Aquaria is the only winner that makes sense: she's an actual drag prodigy (she reminds me more of Tyra than Violet in a bunch of ways) and the best fashion queen the show has ever had. She's the only queen bringing reliably knockout drag and fresh artistic perspective. The other three feel like they have nothing left to show.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wouldn’t call Mz Cracker the obvious winner. I loved her early on but she’s honestly been really terrible in a lot of the challenges this season. I don’t think she was ready for the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    What has Cracker done that would make her a satisfying winner?? She's a likable queen but she is not funny.
    I don't think Kameron is all that funny either;
    when it comes to the runway, I really think Cracker is a step above Kameron. And maybe Eureka too.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    What has Cracker done that would make her a satisfying winner??
    Its all subjective i guess, but for me, she has been the standout from this season. I think a lot of people also feel her work on certain episodes was overlooked by the judges (cher: the rusical, i'm looking at you!) For me, she would have made a great winner. Reasons being:

She frequently placed high (if not second to win most challenges)
    Never placed in the bottom (well, except for last week)
    Miz Cookie
    Dr Dill
    Comeback Cher
    equal parts fishy queen and comedy queen, with great dance moves as well.
    best confessionals out of all the queens (most comedic and relatable)

So many of her early high placements were undeserved, though. The peak of the jacked judging this season was when they effused over her hair bikini. Dr. Dill was also really flat imo.

As far as her confessional game, she had nothing on Monét or Monique.

Miz Cracker was imo one the most consistent and allround. And, like Dollsbitches said, one of the few who I can see entertaining a crowd for more than 15 minutes.
    I really urge you to check out her youtube stuff Review with a Jew, where she reviews all the episodes and has some great behind-the-scenes gossip and talks about stuff that was cut and tricks producers used.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-t...LB77oimoSOC4tg

She's also hilarious in these videos. So sure, maybe not all of her performances were a hit (snatch game) but she should've won more than she did tbh and she certainly has more diversity to offer than Kameron.
    And her looks have almost always been fab and inventive.
    post28!

Cracker reminds me a lot of Katya on her first season. clearly a huge star, super talented and funny, but faltered and didn't get to show her full potential as much on the show itself as she did in her YouTube series (which she very wisely had ready to go when the show started airing) and other appearances and interviews. so i expect Cracker will definitely do All Stars and hopefully have the same chance to shine like Katya did in AS2.

The top 3 is Aquaria, Monét, and Cracker and any other information is FAKE NEWS.

STAND UP NYC WOOP WOOOOOP.

I've been mostly in agreement with the judges this season. I felt like Miz Cracker should have gone home. I'm hoping Eureka wins, because I think she deserves to.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Miz Cracker shat the bed last episode and deserved to go home. There is no reason she shouldn't have annihilated that challenge. A design/concept challenge that requires a witty, twisted voiceover? That challenge was tailored to exactly the skill set she brings to the table. And yet, like Snatch Game, she underperformed.

Also Monique, Monet and Asia have all had way better talking heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Perky Compson View Post
    Miz Cracker shat the bed last episode and deserved to go home. There is no reason she shouldn't have annihilated that challenge. A design/concept challenge that requires a witty, twisted voiceover? That challenge was tailored to exactly the skill set she brings to the table. And yet, like Snatch Game, she underperformed.
    i still don't think she should've gone home over Kameron, but I agree that the challenge seemed tailored to her. Ru mentioned that to the judges and it seemed like she was pissed that Cracker didn't rise to the challenge. i adore Ru but I do think he has an ego when it comes to reminding everyone it's his show, and he'll send whoever the hell he wants home, fan favorite or not.

We also have to keep in mind that when they are filming the show, they really have no idea how it's going to be edited together and who the audience is going to connect with.

Also, there's something to be said for how great an "unfair elimination" can be for you career.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble