Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Rupaul's Drag Race

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Trixie is funny as hell but she is not the competitor that some of the other queens are. I could see her just collapsing. Same with Ben. They're just not evil enough.
    When I saw Aja was the queen from the most recent season they brought back.. I just thought ... well.. someone has to go home first lol. Out of all those queens they picked Aja???

Honestly, just seeing the cast names a month or more ago, I wasn't all that impressed. But the show Ru did introducing them has me all kinds of excited because they've all had such great post-show careers and will really bring it. They all have confidence and are so much more polished.
    And I hope there is an episode where Kennedy and Chi Chi have a dance off. It might be the most gag-worthy lip sync/gymnastic routine ever filmed.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

So we have an All-Stars season that only features two All-Stars? That's really underwhelming.

To me, an all-star is a queen that serves awesome, iconic drag, is a great entertainer and has a cool, fun personality that keeps you engaged. The only queens here that (for me) meet that criteria are Trixie and Morgan. The others have a stand-out talent or skill, but they're not close to being the whole package (Chi Chi, Kennedy, Milk) or are a jack of all trades, master of none-type queen (Ben, Thorgy, Shangela). Aja, like Shangela, is just there to stir up s#!t. That being said, I'm excited to know about the 'twist' or gimmick that they'll use this time. On top of that, I'm hoping the drama is so crazy, it makes the season fun to watch.

Shangela is Drag Race royalty and is repeatedly referred to as one of the most engaging, professional, and entertaining queens outside of the show. Idk, I think she is deffo an All-Star. I’m not sure how Morgan has more right to be an All Star than Shangie in any case. The only thing I even consider a high point during her run was her two of hearts lip sync. Also Shangie perpetuated what might forever be the most iconic drag race drama with her fight with Mimi. “You’ll never be glamour”

I’m most excited for Milk because he still hold the title of “hottest out of drag” out of all the RuGirls, and I love his style and personality. Trixie obviously belongs here as well.

Honestly I’m pretty pumped about the cast (including the secret 10th queen)
    Last edited by Domandapiano; 10-22-2017 at 04:41 AM.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    "You'll never be glamour."
    And poor Mimi was just losing it. hahahaha. Instead of saying something to get her out of her meltdown Shangie says "You'll never be glamour." hahaha Evil bitch lol

Shangela is an Allstar. Heck she's been in films, tv shows, her growth as an entertainer is up there with anyone from RPDR, and the girl can make a bitch laugh.
    Kennedy is an Allstar (Her split jump from the stage is always on the commercials). She should have been top3 and would have if it hadn't been for her messy final speech.
    Trixie is an Allstar. Morgan is most definitely and Allstar.. she's done more with her career than Tyra Sanchez.
    But after that... this isn't going to be as epic as All Stars 2.

I just was expecting more runners up. Kim Chi, Courtney, Pearl, Shea. But look at a queen like Courtney Act. She's making too much money with her tour to probably warrant doing All Stars right now. So who knows.
    And it's a competition. It's not a party. You have to be in a certain frame of mind to go back in the ring, ya know.?.
    Last edited by Volta; 10-22-2017 at 07:59 AM.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

I think the most iconic DR drama is the fight between Sharon and Phi Phi, but you know... opinions. As for Shangela, yes, she is extremely charismatic and hard-working. Still, I see her more as a personality or a general entertainer who happens to be in drag, as opposed to a drag queen that entertains. It's what Michelle Visage was getting at when she critiqued her near the end of season 3. And while Shangela's aesthetic is no longer as awful as it was back then, it still reads as generic. Conversely, Morgan has a polished and clearly-defined drag character: she's the c#%@y tramp with an edge. She definitely knows about the craft of drag and was adorable on all 3 seasons of Drag U. So while Shangela might be the bigger name, I see Morgan as a much better drag queen.

really really REALLY looking forward to this.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    I’m definitely looking forward to it but I have to agree that this feels like a B-list/second tier cast compared to All Stars 2, and All Stars 1 for that matter. I just don’t get anywhere near the same kind of wow factor, even though I do like a lot of the queens, especially Trixie, Chi Chi, and Shangela.

It also just seems too soon after AS2...I don’t blame the season 9 queens for not wanting to do it so soon after their season (which is what i’m assuming happened because I’m willing to bet Aja was not their first choice from that season) but I’d love to see Shea and Nina compete again.

AS2 just had so much star power between Alaska, Katya, Alyssa Edwards and Detox, and the breakout/comeback moment for Tatianna (still wish she or Alyssa were top 4 and on Read U Wrote U instead of Roxxxy).
    Last edited by MikeEP; 10-26-2017 at 04:29 AM.