Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Tori Live on Polish Radio 3 - 24/08/2017

I thought she sounded a little dry at first but it quickly cleared up as she got warmed up. By Reindeer King she sounded great.

Yeah, now that I think about it there was a moment or two at the beginning where I wondered if she was going to be able to get certain notes out, but then once she was in the swing of it I thought she sounded great. She's always been 'weak' in the sense that some words often come out as a whisper but then with Tori you never know if that's intentional or not. I think the answer is sometimes it is intentional and sometimes she just didn't take a deep enough breath beforehand and ran out of steam.

I gotta be honest I was a tad worried when I heard there would only be 4 songs because I was sure we'd get SATY & COMT which got brought out quite a bit during the UG promo tour. But her song choices were such a great cohesive little set, and the EMOTION she put into it was completely palpable.

Her clarity and the crystal clear rendition of Reindeer King makes me even more excited for the tour it's looking like it'll be a good one

Haven't heard the other three songs yet, but that performance of Reindeer King really surprised me - it's quite, quite lovely, and sounded pretty effortless! Honestly, I can't listen to many of her live performances in recent years because she always sounds to me like she's struggling to control her voice, to stop it going off-key, and I actually find it kind of upsetting. For someone who was such a phenomenal, pitch-perfect live singer for so many years, it's painful to see her struggling so much sometimes.

But that RK is gorgeous, her voice sounds just like it does on the recording. She wasn't struggling with it. The lower register is wonderful!

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    It was really interesting to hear her choose based on emotion and what the songs mean to her cohesively for such a small show:

Purple People: About children that she didn't give birth to
    Roosterspur Bridge: About her brother
    Reindeer King: About her Mother's health
    1000 Oceans: About Mark's Father.

I love that she was so raw with that stuff today. I hope there is more of this on the tour.

Does anyone else remember quite a few years ago there was a poll of "Polands favourite Tori Amos song" and purple people was number 1? I'm guessing she remembers that, and that's why she played it.

Quote Originally Posted by ophe View Post
    Does anyone else remember quite a few years ago there was a poll of "Polands favourite Tori Amos song" and purple people was number 1? I'm guessing she remembers that, and that's why she played it.
    I can't find the original source, but her Polish fanclub's blog says it was number 4, Hey Jupiter being on the 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by toriamospl.wordpress.com/bio
    Najlepsze piosenki Tori Amos wg słuchaczy Trójki w 2001 roku:

1. Hey Jupiter
    2. Caught a Lite Sneeze
    3. Me and a Gun
    4. Purple People
    5. Icicle
    6. Playboy Mommy
    7. Precious Things
    8. Cornflake Girl
    9. Silent All These Years
    10. 1000 Oceans
    (it says "Best Tori Amos' songs according to the listeners of Trójka [Polish Radio 3] in 2001)

How I saw this set:

Thunder, Snow
    Fire, Falls
    Glacier
    Earth, Hill, Solar field, Oceans

This is what really draws me to Tori. We can interpret her material in whichever way yet still be able to connect to it emotionally.
    Past a shooting star

Quote Originally Posted by Restless View Post
    @songsoftoriamos tweeted this, the whole set.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/f74...4185207/ff3010
    They say you were something in those formative years...

The whole show is up on youtube!
    Sorry, too soon, I thought somebody made a video.
    Last edited by RedHerring; 08-25-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Could be one of the best Purple People performances ever.
    They say you were something in those formative years...

Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreen View Post
    Could be one of the best Purple People performances ever.

I agree but it's a pity she said 'An angel's place is tricky to wear constantly' instead of face!

I only noticed now that it's 'somewhere down past roosterspur bridge'. I always thought it was 'sun went down...'!

Quote Originally Posted by WesternLad View Post
    I only noticed now that it's 'somewhere down past roosterspur bridge'. I always thought it was 'sun went down...'!
    Me too!

Just listened to the whole performance. Wow, she was very emotional indeed. That 1000 Oceans just about destroyed me, following Reindeer King.

Omg, there's a video! Peorple People, unfortunately cut and it's the only song uploaded by this guy