Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: SOTW: Reindeer King

i love this song so much, but i have exactly 1 critique and it may be the only critique i have of the entire album.
    after the first verse and chorus, when that celtic sounding instrument kicks in with the piano, i feel like the 2nd verse cuts in too quickly -- i want the piano and that celtic instrument to jam for 30 seconds or so.
    it's already a long song (although it doesn't feel like it is) -- another half minute would've been fine.
    that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by tart View Post
    i love this song so much, but i have exactly 1 critique and it may be the only critique i have of the entire album.
    after the first verse and chorus, when that celtic sounding instrument kicks in with the piano, i feel like the 2nd verse cuts in too quickly -- i want the piano and that celtic instrument to jam for 30 seconds or so.
    it's already a long song (although it doesn't feel like it is) -- another half minute would've been fine.
    that's all.
    Obviously this is all subjective, but I think if she had done that, it would pull you out of the moment of the song. The noises in the background work just like that - as background layers that don't necessarily surface but create a sonic "space". The song feels layered and like it has a 3 dimensional quality because of little flourishes in the background. If they didn't remain in the background and became some sort of jam, I think it would pull the listener out of that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. bad man View Post
    Obviously this is all subjective, but I think if she had done that, it would pull you out of the moment of the song. The noises in the background work just like that - as background layers that don't necessarily surface but create a sonic "space". The song feels layered and like it has a 3 dimensional quality because of little flourishes in the background. If they didn't remain in the background and became some sort of jam, I think it would pull the listener out of that feeling.
    Yeah, totally agree. I think everything about this track, every choice she made, is spot on. The perfect marriage of narrative / performance / production.

Honestly! I am still shocked at just how perfect and complex and layered the production is. It's a real work of magic

so magical, sounds even better in winter
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

What I love so much about this song is how visual, sort of cinematic, it is to me. I see cystalline mountains against a pale purple sky, frozen lakes and rivers, a fine mist of powdry snow sweeping over the landscape... Like a dream sequence. Definitely one of Tori's most sophisticated and most beautiful compositions so far.