Page 501 of 502 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502 LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 7518

Thread: Random Celebrity Gossip

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    I can't stop thinking about Shameless and how real life William H is the exact opposite of Frank. I never liked Felicity, but I LOVED William H.
    I should clarify: the scam is 100% Frank but Frank wouldn't work that hard for one of his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    How embarrasing to find out that the test results you got reported back to you might have been heavily tempered with and that your parents where the driving force behind it!
    From what I read, at least some of the kids were aware of what was going on. I mean, if you're posing for fake pictures for a team you didn't play on, you're complicit. If your SAT proctor is giving you the answers or SOMEONE TOOK THE TEST FOR YOU, you're complicit. I have a hard time believing that the majority of the kids had no idea what was being done completely. You might not know money's being exchanged or things being written after the fact, but you know you didn't row crew or ace the ACTs.

I’m kidding
    I actually like helping him by these quizzes
    I just like spending time with him is all
    He’s a great kid and i love him
    Before you know it you’re bribing a coach and they’re out of the house so i treasure this precious and yet relatively inexpensive time

I had a long chat with the kid today. I made it clear that even if I had money I wasn't do jack shit to be dishonest about college later. Community colleges are great and if you do well enough there, you can transfer to an elite (if that matters to you) college. Or at least get into a state school you might not otherwise be able to get into. My state automatically accepts you into the state Us if you get your associate's. But maybe I don't get what the big fucking deal is because my self-worth is not tied up in the success of my child. I hate braggy parents. My kid is a much better PERSON than all the kids of the braggy parents I know. I win.

From what I read, at least some of the kids were aware of what was going on. I mean, if you're posing for fake pictures for a team you didn't play on, you're complicit. If your SAT proctor is giving you the answers or SOMEONE TOOK THE TEST FOR YOU, you're complicit. I have a hard time believing that the majority of the kids had no idea what was being done completely. You might not know money's being exchanged or things being written after the fact, but you know you didn't row crew or ace the ACTs.

I was referring to the information in the embedded tweet in my earlier post - the kids did not know about it as the staff was bribed to correct SAT-test answers or scores after the kids had turned in their answer sheets. And if application information was manipulated afterwards, how are they to know?
    I can't tell how many kids might have actively participated in this - all I said was that I am very sorry for those who were tricked as well.
    If I found out my academic achievements were not due to me working hard for it but due to someone's manipulation it behind my back, it would shock me tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I was referring to the information in the embedded tweet in my earlier post - the kids did not know about it as the staff was bribed to correct SAT-test answers or scores after the kids had turned in their answer sheets. And if application information was manipulated afterwards, how are they to know?
    I can't tell how many kids might have actively participated in this - all I said was that I am very sorry for those who were tricked as well.
    If I found out my academic achievements were not due to me working hard for it but due to someone's manipulation it behind my back, it would shock me tremendously.
    I'm sure there are SOME of the kids who didn't know, but while I was a good student, if I scored perfectly on my tests I would have side-eyed the results. If you barely are passing high school and then score wonderfully on the tests, I guess you might be dumb enough to think you actually earned that score. The SAT, for example, scores up to 1600, 1000 being average. You're looking at 1400+ for elite schools, generally. So if you got 900 on the PSAT (one you take as practice when you're 16ish) and then you get 1350 on the real SAT when you're 17 and didn't study, didn't get a tutor, didn't learn much in that six-twelve months... that just doesn't happen without a good explanation.

So sure, some kid might not have realized their parents paid someone to get them in, but test tampering is hard to swallow. Your score can't go up that much WITHOUT WORK. If you walk out of the test thinking it was equally hard both times but yet your score jumps up hundreds of points... Ugh.

I do genuinely feel bad for any kids who did not know. I just think the number of them is really small.

There’s no way these kids were in the dark! That’s the thing about privilege, it’s embedded in you from the start. Their parents have always done stuff like this. They just got caught this time.

This one reply... this event has brought out the best in the internet...

227 is still paying off in 2019 with this and the real Regina's Oscar

I missed this in the news. Seymour Cassel, the great actor from Cassavetes' films among other things, died at 84. RIP

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/09/enter...bit/index.html

With Paul Rudd turning 50 (and fabulous!) last week, it's amazing to see how aging has changed these last few decades. This is a really cool twitter account to showcase it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrimleyLine

It shows people who are exactly the same age as Wilford Brimley was the day he started filming Cocoon, which, along with The Golden Girls, was *the* iconic image of being elderly in the 80s. And looking back as I get closer to their ages than the kids of Stranger Things, these "elderly" people weren't all that old. Was it make up? Better plastic surgery now? Is it moisturizing and sunblock and people not chain smoking 4 packs a day? Are we more vain and shallow or did people just give up once they hit 40?

40 is the new 28!
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Forty, fit, and flirty!

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    In really old films, you'll see actors in their mid to late 30's and they look wrecked or rekt if you prefer. It's got to be something to do with how we live now.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

JFC! I'm not older than EVERYONE was in this picture, but I'm older than more of them and I look younger than probably all of them except Rhoda.

And someone replied that Carroll O'Connor was 44 in the All in the Family pilot so I'm gonna go give my moisturizer a big fucking hug.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    I met Ted Knight once. Nice guy.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

The 44 year old in the pic looks good!

I think that people used to wear their hair, dress, and just carry themselves differently too. Oh, and sunscreen. Sunscreen is your friend!

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    They just finished a movie. At first I thought they didn't know each other and just walking up to some dude and kissing him would be … odd.
    I haven't found a video of this, just photos.

Is it assault? The shoe is on the other foot here. From the photos Pitt looks unprepared and not exactly happy about it, so I would say it was probably unwanted.

Lena Dunham Awkwardly Trying To Kiss Brad Pitt On The Red Carpet Is Being Called ‘Assault’
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life