Page 501 of 501 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 7515

Thread: Random Celebrity Gossip

This is already a few days old apparently, but Michelle Williams married Mount Eerie's Phil Elverum:

http://www.thefader.com/2018/07/26/m...helle-williams

This is the rare celebrity news that actually brought a smile to my face.

I haven't heard his music, but I've read the stories about the tragedy in his life. It's nice to see him find happiness. And her too; she deserves a nice fella. One of our finest actresses, to be sure.
    Last edited by Steve SFM; 08-01-2018 at 01:08 AM.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Here is a real good Pitchfork article on Elverum/Williams. Interesting ideas about their differing levels/types of fame and their artistic similarities.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Sometimes you need something to give you that warm, fuzzy feeling. Who knew Richard Lewis could give you it?

Asia Argento, who accused Harvey Weinstein, made deal with her own accuser
    By Kim SeversonThe New York Times
    Sun., Aug. 19, 2018

Italian actress and director Asia Argento was among the first women in the movie business to publicly accuse producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault. She became a leading figure in the #MeToo movement. Her boyfriend, culinary television star Anthony Bourdain, eagerly joined the fight.

But in the months that followed her revelations about Weinstein last October, Argento quietly arranged to pay $380,000 to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18.

That claim and the subsequent arrangement for payments are laid out in documents between lawyers for Argento and Bennett, a former child actor who once played her son in a movie.

The documents, which were sent to the New York Times through encrypted email by an unidentified party, include a selfie dated May 9, 2013, of the two lying in bed. As part of the agreement, Bennett, who is now 22, gave the photograph and its copyright to Argento, now 42. Three people familiar with the case said the documents were authentic.

The Times has tried repeatedly since Thursday to get a response to the matter from Argento and her representatives. She did not reply to messages left on her phone, sent by email and sent to two of her agents, who agreed to forward it to her. Carrie Goldberg, her lawyer who handled the matter, read email messages from the Times, according to two people familiar with the case, but she has not responded. A woman who answered the phone at Goldberg’s office Friday said the lawyer would not be available to discuss this article.

Bennett, who lives in Los Angeles, would not agree to be interviewed, said his lawyer, Gordon K. Sattro. “In the coming days,” Sattro wrote in an email, “Jimmy will continue doing what he has been doing over the past months and years, focusing on his music.”

In an April letter addressed to Argento confirming the final details of the deal and setting out a schedule of payments, Goldberg characterized the money as “helping Mr. Bennett.”

“We hope nothing like this ever happens to you again,” Goldberg wrote. “You are a powerful and inspiring creator and it is a miserable condition of life that you live among shitty individuals who’ve preyed on both your strengths and your weaknesses.”

But for Bennett, who as a child actor charmed Harrison Ford and Bruce Willis and earned the nickname Jimmy Two-Takes because he rarely flubbed his lines, the 2013 hotel-room encounter was a betrayal that precipitated a spiral of emotional problems, according to the documents.

The fallout from “a sexual battery” was so traumatic that it hindered Bennett’s work and income and threatened his mental health, according to a notice of intent to sue that his lawyer sent in November to Richard Hofstetter, Bourdain’s longtime lawyer, who was also representing Argento at the time.

(...)

Argento, who is divorced and has two children, was both a mentor and a mother figure to Bennett, the document says, and the two were intermittently in contact as he grew up. “Jimmy’s impression of this situation was that a mother-son relationship had blossomed from their experience on set together,” Sattro wrote.

Bennett began acting at age 6, when he was cast in a commercial for a Dodge Caravan. He went on to appear in dozens of other commercials, and secured roles in several television shows. His prolific movie career started in 2003 with Daddy Day Care, which starred Eddie Murphy.

Bennett was 7 when he was cast in The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, a 2004 film Argento directed, starred in and helped write.

etc.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...n-accuser.html

Ugh so messy. While I still believe that what happened with Weinstein is true, she never should have thrown herself into the MeToo movement having done this. She's so problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Ugh so messy. While I still believe that what happened with Weinstein is true, she never should have thrown herself into the MeToo movement having done this. She's so problematic.
    Yeah... it doesn't mean she wasn't harassed with this in her closet, but it detracts from the movement. And I have to read more about it before I get all upset because I know California has stricter underage laws than other states. The age of consent is 18, I believe, and while I think it's hella creepy when people justify predatory behavior on legality, I don't think 17 is like pedophile, ephebophile territory on its face AUTOMATICALLY.

Regardless of the age of consent, HE has said it was assault, so the consent age doesn't even matter other than it being ANOTHER ugly layer to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Regardless of the age of consent, HE has said it was assault, so the consent age doesn't even matter other than it being ANOTHER ugly layer to the story.
    Oh boy. I hadn't read deep into it other than a) her and b) him 17 and c) she paid him.

blech.

mamma mia!

She sent out this statement

where she spells Anthony as Antony in one spot.

Allegedly there is a picture of her and the then-kid in bed. Not sexing it up in the pic, but it's not like I hang out with others in bed under the covers. He was supposed to give her all the copies of the pic as part of the settlement.

Her statement smells... fishy to me. I mean, I'll feel terrible if this turns out to be absolute bullshit and a way for the friends of Harvey to take down his foes, but there's nothing I've read that makes me think the then-kid is less credible than she was against harvey.

Random celebrity wedding like in simpler times:

Neil Young and Daryl Hannah reportedly marry in California
    The singer-songwriter Neil Young and actor Daryl Hannah are said to have married during a small ceremony in California at the weekend.

The couple reportedly wed on Saturday in Atascadero, after a ceremony on Young’s yacht near the San Juan islands.

The guitarist Mark Miller appeared to confirm the news on Facebook when he congratulated the couple. He later clarified that he had not attended the ceremony. “I only knew about it because one of my friends attended the ceremony in Atascadero and announced it on his page,” Miller said.

The administrator of Young’s blog also congratulated the pair, and referred to comments from attendees, who described the event as “a shindig”.

Hannah posted a cryptic image to her Instagram account the following day. She captioned the picture of an owl: “Someone’s watching over us … love and only love.”

Young and Hannah had reportedly been dating since 2014, when Young filed for divorce from Pegi Young, his wife of 36 years. On the media scrutiny surrounding his relationship with Hannah, Young said: “We didn’t pay any attention to that. It doesn’t matter. We don’t give a shit. We don’t care, because they don’t know what they’re talking about. And if they do know what they’re talking about, we still don’t care, but we’re happy for them. It doesn’t matter. What matters is us, not the press.”

This year, Young appeared in the Netflix film Paradox, a fantasy western musical directed by Hannah.
    Last edited by beanstew; 08-29-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I like to take Trump-hating breaks to hate Elon Musk instead. He's making it so easy.

It's a minute by minute recap of the meeting to build a tunnel for Dodger Stadium and the shady Musk employees astroturfing.

Asia Argento is saying the kid she is alleged to have assaulted in fact assaulted her. Sigh.

Anyway, here's more of Elon being a dickhole

BuzzFeed News first emailed Musk last Wednesday to ask for comment regarding a legal threat made by Unsworth’s lawyer in August after the Tesla CEO renewed his apparently evidenceless criticism of the rescuer in a Twitter argument the day before. Musk responded without addressing the substance of the legal threat. BuzzFeed News followed up twice, once on Wednesday and once on Thursday, and Musk responded with two separate emails.

“I suggest that you call people you know in Thailand, find out what’s actually going on and stop defending child rapists, you fucking asshole,” Musk wrote in the first message. “He’s an old, single white guy from England who’s been traveling to or living in Thailand for 30 to 40 years, mostly Pattaya Beach, until moving to Chiang Rai for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time.”

“As for this alleged threat of a lawsuit, which magically appeared when I raised the issue (nothing was sent or raised beforehand), I fucking hope he sues me,” he added.

BuzzFeed News could find no evidence to support that claim, and Musk did not provide any documentation to support his accusations. Publicly available legal documents do nothing to support Musk’s claims: BuzzFeed News could not immediately locate any criminal records for Unsworth in the UK.

I'm not even going to bag on Elon again tonight because it's wearisome and my brain is consumed enough by Trump that I don't need two puffy faced weirdos taking up all my anxiety space.

Enjoy this instead

Not only does Lewis Black still have both his parents, they're still married and now they're 100!