Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Running With Tori

Running With Tori

Are there any runners here who use Tori songs for inspiration or pace setting?

I won my first 10K and crossed the finish line as Tori spelled out M-I-L-F in my ears. My 5K playlist ends with Spark, the bridge of which always makes me run as fast as I can. I also use She's Your Cocaine and Raspberry Swirl to set a good pace. As a 55-year-old runner, I need all the help I can get.

I would be interested to read if anyone uses Tori songs in their running efforts.

Great topic, would love to hear more ideas! Though
    I won my first 10K and crossed the finish line as Tori spelled out M-I-L-F in my ears.
    made me smirk a little.

I'm not a great runner but I used to do some short runs this winter/spring in my gym and I tried a few times with Tori in my ears. Yes, Anastasia was a must at some point for obvious reasons I also liked Barons of Suburbia, Devils and Gods (extended from Legs&Boots) and Beauty of Speed

Spark is a fantastic running song! I also runt to the legs and boots versions of Raspberry Swirl and BOC. And PT live from TVAB is the one I go to when I think I just can't continue.

Intresting topic, will be interesting to see what songs people suggest. I find Tori hard to listen to when running, as I either find the songs too slow (even ones I thought would be good), or I get too deep into the song and want to sing along. The only Tori song I have on my running playlist currently is 'Not David Bowie' 'Bliss' 'Spring Haze' and 'Voodoo Rookery Ending' just cause its like a blast of fresh air and so short and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by lolly View Post
    Spark is a fantastic running song!.
    It is, but I always end up mouthing the words and I look stupid enough running as it is.

Definitely no Tori for me while running. I don't feel her songs have the right vibe to run or lift weights. On top of that most of her remixes are awful lol.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I actually found ADP to be the most run-friendly Tori album.

You're all going to slap me but when I do a half marathon I often throw on AATS. I find I need music I'm not too emotionally invested in to keep a decent pace. I imagine Chorigirl or Pele would have me all over the map
    Pace wise. Plus AATS is long enough to fill most of
    the race time. I imagine ADP would also work. Both albums at least have faux energy.

Tori is the rare artist where I can run a regular 8 minute mile while listening to something like Icicle or God Dust. I actually just ran this morning to Under The Pink start to finish - Baker Baker, Icicle, Cloud On My Tongue included. I don't always need something upbeat when I run as much as I need something I can get a bit lost in.

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    I don't run unless I'm being chased.

J/k my "pumpin' Tori jams" set is kinda like this:

Cruel
    Juarez
    Father Lucifer (Sylkscreen)
    Raspberry Swirl
    Bouncing Off Clouds
    Cornflake Girl
    Blue Skies
    Talula (Tornado)
    Glory of the 80s
    Trouble's Lament
    Strange Little Girl
    Riot Poof
    Heart of Gold
    Body & Soul
    God
    iieeee
    Mountain (pt 1)
    Bliss

ETA: this usually ends up being a "car mix" cuz I hate running and I have a workout partner so I never use headphones
    Last edited by Octopussy; 08-26-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Last edited by BrotherNamedErised; 08-01-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I don't always need something upbeat when I run as much as I need something I can get a bit lost in.
    You're 100% right. As much as I love more upbeat Tori, I also had great runs with songs like "Sweet Sangria" just because they were my thing at the moment and I was loosing myself in the sound (what helps forgetting I'm drowning in sweat and catching breath desperately).

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy
    J/k my "pumpin' Tori jams" set is kinda like this
    Amazing list, definitely going to use it

I used to run a lot to Tori. And then I quit running.

Blue Skies is a great running song. I think my definitive, shuffle-ready "These are Tori Songs I Can Run To" playlist would go something like:

Crucify
    Girl
    Precious Things
    TIYH
    Take to the Sky
    Sweet Dreams
    Ode to the Banana King
    God
    Waitress
    CFG
    Space Dog
    Take Me with You
    Blood Roses
    Pro Widow
    CALS
    Little Amsterdam
    Talula
    Voodoo
    Sucker
    Walk to Dublin
    Blue Skies (both mixes)
    Carnival
    Siren
    Spark
    Cruel
    Black Dove
    Raspberry Swirl
    Iieee
    Cocaine
    Hotel
    Do it Again
    Bachelorette
    Bliss
    Juarez
    Concertina
    GOT80s
    Riot Poof
    Datura (makes a great last song, like a cool-down)
    Spring Haze
    Zero Point
    SLG
    Heart of Gold
    Carbon
    Tombigbee
    Mountain
    Barons
    Witness
    Not David Bowie
    Big Wheel
    BoC
    Teenage Hustling (depends on mood but tempo is right)
    Secret Spell
    Body and Soul
    Code Red
    Beauty of Speed
    Miracle
    WTE
    SBV (good for something!)
    NDT (same!)
    Police Me
    500 Miles
    Fast Horse
    Trouble's Lament
    UG
    UTC

I'm actually surprised at how many pre-05 songs fit. To me, Tori's good for exercise in part because her tempos change, which reminds you to slow down and breathe; a lot of songs also work well for warmups and cool downs (or patches when you're like, "I can't go on! Or...maybe just for Talula...and Siren...and, oh, now I can slow down for most of The Waitress!"). I'll have to try this when I start run/walking again, which I've pledged to do when it's less hot.

Only bootlegs from 1999 and 1998 tours. Great energy..

I am a marathon runner and I love running to Tori. It's not all fast-paced songs...you can't run full blast for an entire marathon. I love baker, baker and donut song as relaxed pace songs. For some reason our new year which I wouldn't consider upbeat at all gets me running! Up the creek is the most recent addition to fantastic running songs!