Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Y Kant Tori Read 30th Anniversary Re-release | Now Released

Usually they release it later. They haven’t announced it yet but I would imagine that YKTR should show up. Not sure about the limited Russia single though.

YKTR was designated in literature as "RSD First" so almost definitely getting a further release (though unclear if vinyl will be colored in full release).

Russia was designated as "RSD Exclusive" so much less likely to be released.

That said, I'd trust any eBay release that has the RSD sticker on it... but don't spend too much because I'd be willing to bet mass release is coming (if not in weeks then in months).

^ Thanks you two for the info.

Yeah the one my partner was going to get on ebay uses a stock photo, so i'm just a bit wary. The rest of them though are auctions that are going higher than face, so i'm pissed off!

Quote Originally Posted by just me View Post
    ^ Thanks you two for the info.

Yeah the one my partner was going to get on ebay uses a stock photo, so i'm just a bit wary. The rest of them though are auctions that are going higher than face, so i'm pissed off!

They still have 52 copies of the CD available for sale here - https://www.banquetrecords.com/y-kan...7%5D/BF17BR133 . Though it will be the European pressing, presumably. This site's stock has fluctuated from 0 available at one point, back up to 70 later on, so they must have got in more stock.

^ Thank you!

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    My vinyl copy just arrived! Super fast delivery by Banquet Records

I can't believe we have this in our hands. I definitely never thought it would happen.

Here we go:

Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    My vinyl copy just arrived! Super fast delivery by Banquet Records
    Hoping mine arrives today! Exciting.
    They say you were something in those formative years...

I never had the original CD. How much of the reissue artwork / components mirrors the original? Obviously the original's plain back cover was replaced with the photo.

My order from Banquet Records arrived today (in Australia), sealed and no in-transit case cracking etc. (as sometimes happens with my amazon UK orders).

Quote Originally Posted by DialF View Post
    My order from Banquet Records arrived today (in Australia), sealed and no in-transit case cracking etc. (as sometimes happens with my amazon UK orders).
    Shame mine arrived cracked, though it didn't have to go half way round the world, only the same country.

i finally listened to the cd today, and from reading you guys i thought it'd sound different - but to me it's just the same as the DL i did from diagnosed sounds about 15 years ago! Maybe Audrey had ripped from the original cd..! Obviously both versions were much better than the bootleg i bought 23 years ago
    Or maybe i'm a bit deaf and it's all lost on me!

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    I listened to the remasters on YT, and even from there I can tell they sound pretty good. Obviously a simple remaster isn't going to make all the cheesy parts sound any better COYI still has a fake reggae bridge, and You Go To My Head is still utter dreck. Etc.

I still wish Tori would re-record COYI and Etienne. That would've been the thing to do for Tales or AP.

I've only listened to it on my computer speakers, but I was expecting it to be louder, as most of these reissues are. I actually like these pre mid-90s recordings to sound a bit louder on the remasters, and this wasn't.

I do own the original (authentic) CD, so I'm not comparing it to a bootleg.