Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Y Kant Tori Read 30th Anniversary Re-release | Now Released

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    My vinyl copy just arrived! Super fast delivery by Banquet Records

I can't believe we have this in our hands. I definitely never thought it would happen.

Here we go:

Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    My vinyl copy just arrived! Super fast delivery by Banquet Records
    Hoping mine arrives today! Exciting.
    They say you were something in those formative years...

I never had the original CD. How much of the reissue artwork / components mirrors the original? Obviously the original's plain back cover was replaced with the photo.

My order from Banquet Records arrived today (in Australia), sealed and no in-transit case cracking etc. (as sometimes happens with my amazon UK orders).

Quote Originally Posted by DialF View Post
    My order from Banquet Records arrived today (in Australia), sealed and no in-transit case cracking etc. (as sometimes happens with my amazon UK orders).
    Shame mine arrived cracked, though it didn't have to go half way round the world, only the same country.

i finally listened to the cd today, and from reading you guys i thought it'd sound different - but to me it's just the same as the DL i did from diagnosed sounds about 15 years ago! Maybe Audrey had ripped from the original cd..! Obviously both versions were much better than the bootleg i bought 23 years ago
    Or maybe i'm a bit deaf and it's all lost on me!

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    I listened to the remasters on YT, and even from there I can tell they sound pretty good. Obviously a simple remaster isn't going to make all the cheesy parts sound any better COYI still has a fake reggae bridge, and You Go To My Head is still utter dreck. Etc.

I still wish Tori would re-record COYI and Etienne. That would've been the thing to do for Tales or AP.

I've only listened to it on my computer speakers, but I was expecting it to be louder, as most of these reissues are. I actually like these pre mid-90s recordings to sound a bit louder on the remasters, and this wasn't.

I do own the original (authentic) CD, so I'm not comparing it to a bootleg.

In case anyone didn't snag it on or after RSD, the US Tori store now has copies of YKTR for sale ($25) plus the baseball tee ($40) or a bundle of both ($50). Not sure if the store version is the colored vinyl. Don't see it in the EU store yet either.

I've been spinning this record a lot!

I've been listening to this album much more than NI this past month!
    I really enjoy it. I'm especially in love with the backing vocals at the end of On the Boundary ("Somewheeeere.... Don't you need me..."). So epic.
    A bit sad that Floating City was mutilated but it is well done, no obvious cut. Good job from Mr. Ludwig.

But what an incredibly shame that they didn't do more with this release. Frankly, the original release didn't sound that bad and wasn't crying for a remaster like, for instance, Little Earthquakes and Under The Pink. It would have been a good opportunity to include some more material from that era, or some of Toris original demos, OR a bonus disc with new reinterpreted versions. Something.

She definitely could have mastered a few of the live recordings she's done of the songs over the years for an EP-length bonus live selection. Something like:

On the Boundary

Etienne

Cool On Your Island

Floating City

Fire on the Side

That covers five of the tours (I left off 2005 and 2007 since YKTR songs got releases on both sets of official boots) and gives you a nice selection of interpretations through the years, from solo piano to Rhodes to a band song. You could also scrap the 2002/2003 versions of Etienne for a 1996 version with the harmonium.

If I were married to Tori Amos you guys would have soooo many live bonus EPs.