Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Y Kant Tori Read 30th Anniversary Re-release | Now Released

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    YKTR was always a production flop for me, I think a lot of that songwriting is as strong as anything else she ever did. What I would KILL for would be a gorgeous version of When I was Dreaming though, can someone tell her to play that?

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    YKTR was always a production flop for me, I think a lot of that songwriting is as strong as anything else she ever did. What I would KILL for would be a gorgeous version of When I was Dreaming though, can someone tell her to play that?
    Yes, that is one that I've always loved SO much. I know there was an old clip floating around years ago. I would love to hear her play the whole song live. I believe the clip we used to have was a demo written for Al Stewart.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

The whole thing is up on YouTube (obviously in awful demo quality); it is such a lovely tune - I was just listening to it yesterday when I fell down a "pre-fame Tori" hole.

Did they even mention NI in that brunch thing? Odd that they would mention YKTR, play a clip of The Big Picture, ask her about a re-relese, but not bring up her new studio album coming out in less than two weeks' time. So maybe it will happen.

Stop everything! A scrapped YKTR song called "Where the Sun Shines" became PROMISE? Well, at least partially. Look at the lyrics to the chorus:

I can't believe I never heard about this. Must have missed that discussion!

WHOA.

I had no idea, either!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Alan View Post
    Stop everything! A scrapped YKTR song called "Where the Sun Shines" became PROMISE? Well, at least partially. Look at the lyrics to the chorus:

I can't believe I never heard this. Must have missed that discussion!
    I would die if that got released!!!!

I literally paused the show I was watching when I saw this. Is this real? This is so funny, and fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob's room View Post
    Did they even mention NI in that brunch thing? Odd that they would mention YKTR, play a clip of The Big Picture, ask her about a re-relese, but not bring up her new studio album coming out in less than two weeks' time. So maybe it will happen.
    During her first segment on the show they sat and talked with her for about five minutes about her new album, the writing process after 25 years of songs, and played a clip of Up The Creek.

Who ever would have thought that Tori was using lyrics she wrote in 1987 for recent/current songs? It really does surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    During her first segment on the show they sat and talked with her for about five minutes about her new album, the writing process after 25 years of songs, and played a clip of Up The Creek.
    Oh *hides* Sorry hehe. I skipped to the 19 minute mark.

Wtf about Promise?!?

I don't think T wants that info public news. Lol.

Can someone elaborate on what Tori was saying during the cooking part of the show RE: George Michael and Prince?

I love her personality. It reminds me of my own. She gets along with people and is likable, but can also become serious / intense / awkward just like that. Lol.
    Last edited by Beelust; 08-28-2017 at 07:11 PM.
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    Can someone elaborate on what Tori was saying during the cooking part of the shoe RE: George Michael and Prince?
    IIRC, George Michael had a fall-out with Sony because he wanted to release a particular style of album, and they wouldn't let him. It was all over the UK newspapers back in the day:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...y-1509994.html

If you watch the video for Fastlove, there's a zoom-in on someone wearing a pair of headphones with "FONY" on them

About Fastlove:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fastlove#Music_video

He eventually went back to Sony years later.

I just want to add, I am so excited for this re-release. Y Kant Tori Read combines two things I love: shitty 80's music and Tori.

On the Boundary is just genius and I'm sorry I've never got to see it live.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So the show was longer than the youtube video?