Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: From The Choirgirl Hotel Remaster/Re-issue [Cancelled]

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    I often wonder if Tori's next album will be a response to the Me Too movement - at a time in Tori's life when her daughter is her own woman no longer dependant on Tori and her own mother is slipping away.
    I'd be very surprised if she doesn't touch on it, but I'll be shocked if that's the sole focus. In a lot of ways, she paved the way for #MeToo, even right up to when it took hold in mainstream culture. It's amazing to see the ripples of that movement still spreading out and touching more people. It's inspiring in a time that from the media's perspective looks pretty dark and depressing. I'm not saying there isn't a lot of negative stuff happening now, but it's part of the process of rising from darkness. (Focus on the light as much as you can, folks. I promise it's still there.)

The stuff #MeToo forced me to finally really confront and deal with put me in the psych ward for a week last November. All the hospital did was make me realize that after years of intensive therapy and still feeling worthless and angry and ashamed, all the work I had left to do was work I could only do myself. Everything Tori taught me, especially through the interviews, really helped me do the hard internal work, actually facing the things that happened and accepting what was done to me and feeling the feelings I kept suppressing in order to survive. I really thought I would die at more than one point in the last year, but what I went through led me to a profound spiritual awakening that's transformed my life in ways I didn't think possible. I feel truly fully human, maybe for the first time ever.

I've been feeling the shift of the ages and the wider shift in consciousness that comes with it will also be a theme in the next phase of Tori's work. Not only did her work lead me to this for myself, but listening to her songs now as I continue to move through this shift and raise consciousness and shed old programs, I hear reference after reference that tell me this has been a theme for her all along and that she was (maybe intentionally, maybe not) leading those of us who paid attention and thought about the things she said and read the books she recommended to this. It manifests differently for everyone, but it's real and it's taking place. "Iieee" and the vision of the little Zuni boy and the end of the world and only being able to save themselves tells me, in some way, she's known all along.
    Last edited by soulsofmysoles; 07-13-2018 at 12:20 AM.

I could definitely see the possible book deal centering around #MeToo, even if the next album doesn't.

I am so pessimistic about this book thing. I imagine something like "The Light Princess, the novel".
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    I would like to hear about The Light Princess and her thoughts about that whole experience. It's very hard to write a musical and actually get a chance to make it happen. There's at least a few people here who could tell you more about that, they are in the theatre business. I think a ton of people would be interested to know about the process.

Barnes & Noble also releases B&N Exclusive vinyl. They press soundtracks, musical cast recordings, greatest hits, compilations, re-releases and live records. They released Ben Folds Sessions at West 54, and exclusive 7" single sets from Beatles and Sun Records. Just off the top of my head. So, it could very well be some kind of recording.

It’s a recording. Deutche Grammaphone me thinks.

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunter Fartlett View Post
    Barnes & Noble also releases B&N Exclusive vinyl. They press...... live records. They released ......Sessions at West 54
    HMMMMMMMMM.......

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    HMMMMMMMMM.......
    I second that.

If she releases a book, it will probably be a book of conversations with Tash. Mother and daughter sharing experiences.
    We have to accept that from now on Tash will be involved in everything she does.

I don't understand her Barnes and Noble hint from that interview. I don't think she would sell very many books at this point. People bought Piece by Piece because it was after the LE - SW run of amazing albums and Tori was still cool (despite TBK being a questionable album). It did well - but I did not really like it. Read it once (skipped parts).

14 years later (and many mediocre albums later), I don't see a book selling well. I really hope it is a special recording only available through B&N as someone mentioned earlier. I did not even buy Comic Book Tattoo and I usually buy everything Tori. I also did not buy the From Russia with Love camera thing - seemed really lame to me - I don't need Tori to sell me a camera. I want amazing music from her only.
    Robbing the muse...

This makes me think of 1994 interview with Charlie Gibson where T herself says she does not do well with WORDS & it's why she plays music to express herself.

Still look forward to a new album and tour
    "this way, that way, i am of two minds" -sappho
    http://classicpersuasion.org/pw/sappho/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle_franchou View Post
    If she releases a book, it will probably be a book of conversations with Tash. Mother and daughter sharing experiences.
    We have to accept that from now on Tash will be involved in everything she does.
    I actually doubt Tash will be involved in much once she hits adulthood. She's going to go do her own thing eventually.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle_franchou View Post
    Oh hell no. That is one book I have no interest in reading.

It would be very cool if the book(if indeed it IS a book!!??) was related to Tori's trip to the South in summer 2016 when she was accompanied by John Witherspoon....maybe related to her mother's and grandpa's stories from the past, perhaps with Tori's own photography to accompany the text..? The plot thickens...

Watch it be exclusive B&N live CD compilations from the 2014 Unrepentant Geraldines Tour and the 2017 Native Invader Tours - - - and we all lose our shit!!!
    Robbing the muse...