Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: From The Choirgirl Hotel Remaster/Re-issue [Cancelled]

Bugger. I was looking forward to this!
    They say you were something in those formative years...

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    If she writes an autobiography in which she gets really real (like the good parts of PbP), I'm ALL IN on that. I'd love to know more about the making of The Light Princess, and what she took away from that experience, for example. Anything and everything about the albums, the tours, the record companies and deals over the last 13 years. A chapter called "The Vault" that basically catalogues any of the curiosities, piece parts, finished and unfinished musical ideas, recordings, videos... whatever the hell she's got in there. The super tall hunky Apollon Musagete boy she keeps in the pool house....

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    Ooh, I didn't think about The Light Princess. Maybe it's largely about that, in which case that would super interesting and probably really fucking sad too.

"There is something more that I need to say.... I should've said it though"

Quote Originally Posted by Waylon View Post
    I just want a remastered Siren. That's all. kajsdflkjadsbfiubaweporhnaw;eokjr
    word.

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    If she writes an autobiography in which she gets really real (like the good parts of PbP), I'm ALL IN on that. I'd love to know more about the making of The Light Princess, and what she took away from that experience, for example. Anything and everything about the albums, the tours, the record companies and deals over the last 13 years. A chapter called "The Vault" that basically catalogues any of the curiosities, piece parts, finished and unfinished musical ideas, recordings, videos... whatever the hell she's got in there. The super tall hunky Apollon Musagete boy she keeps in the pool house....
    I'd kill for something like this. The most frustrating aspect of Piece by Piece, like so many Tori projects around that time, was its wasted potential. She's led a fascinating life and career, there's so much she could talk about that would interest both Tori Amos fans and readers new to her work. But we got to spend time with the Corn Mother, Xena the Warrior Princess, and Khaleesi the Breaker of Chains instead.
    Last edited by BrotherNamedErised; 08-12-2018 at 10:40 PM.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    The worse part for me is that there won't be a Venus vinyl pressing if this doesn't happen.

So it sounds like there wouldn't be enough to fill a worthwhile disc of extras and the original album sounds great as is. If she had a bunch of cool stuff in the vaults, this would be a shame. My sense was that any rereleases of her post-BFP albums would have to be formatted differently since I haven't heard of there being lots of unreleased stuff for those eras.

I think the top of my wishlist would be a vinyl release of Strange Little Girls. Second to that, Scarlet's Walk.

I would more or less kill for a B-Sides compilation on Vinyl. Like a really well done, beautifully rendered gatefold, something really special and high end. It will NEVER happen, but Oh how I wish. SLG and SW would be great too.

I would more or less kill for a B-Sides compilation on Vinyl. Like a really well done, beautifully rendered gatefold, something really special and high end. It will NEVER happen, but Oh how I wish. SLG and SW would be great too.
    Yes, please. She has enough b-sides to make a vinyl for LE, UTP and BFP. Another vinyl for Scarlet's Hidden Treasures + B-sides. And a 10' for the FTCH b-sides.
    Leave me alone, a guy can dream.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    Yes, please. She has enough b-sides to make a vinyl for LE, UTP and BFP. Another vinyl for Scarlet's Hidden Treasures + B-sides. And a 10' for the FTCH b-sides.
    Leave me alone, a guy can dream.
    Ha! I was thinking of a more curated set of B-Sides spanning her career, that would work together as an album, that she would consult with me to select

I have a sealed original, but would NEVER open it (though I really really want to sometimes.)
    If it's the US 2xLP I recommend taking a deep breath and giving it a spin. When you hear how much better it sounds than the CD, you won't even care that the reissue was cancelled. And I wouldn't just say that, either. It took a lot of years and deep breaths to actually listen to some of the stuff I squirreled away. This is one is SO worth it, though.

Sad to hear T took a spill, but glad to hear she was having fun when she did it. I hope she heals well. Sending energy. xo

Glad to hear she's taking her time with the record and working on another book. We never know what she'll bring next, but I have feelings her next phase will go a lot deeper than she's gone in a long, long time. It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsofmysoles View Post
    We never know what she'll bring next, but I have feelings her next phase will go a lot deeper than she's gone in a long, long time. It's time.
    Hmmm - interesting. I think we always want this but no one ever feels she goes deep enough like the LE-FTCH albums. I am very pleased with Native Invader - I think she did go into deeper personal things and her current thoughts on the world in songs and connected all the songs melodically, lyrically, and thematically together in a beautiful way. The album continues to grow and grow on me, and is making me like Unrepentant Geraldines even more. There is something kind of melancholy and somber about the tone of Native Invader - like in the 90s when my friends told me that all Tori's music "sounded depressing" - LOL - before SW - AATS.

I hope Tori's next album is about something personal again, like a different take on her parent's aging and her daughter out of the house or something else that is meaningful to her (preferably some new interest/subject matter of course).

I often wonder if Tori's next album will be a response to the Me Too movement - at a time in Tori's life when her daughter is her own woman no longer dependant on Tori and her own mother is slipping away. It could be amazing if she takes a personal / emotional approach and writes songs with the impact of Silent All These Years - as long as she does not veer into trying too hard "Flicker" terriTORI.
    Last edited by Beelust; 07-09-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    Robbing the muse...

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    ^ Flicker had me seriously worried about what would come next and then BAM! Her most solid record since Scarlet's Walk. Tori is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get!

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    ^ Flicker had me seriously worried about what would come next and then BAM! Her most solid record since Scarlet's Walk.
    Of course, taking into account everything that came between Scarlet's Walk and Native Invader, this was not suuuuuuuper difficult to accomplish.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    True, that!