Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: From The Choirgirl Hotel Remaster/Re-issue (2018)

I think PTDO > Cooling > Twinkle might've been a good ending to Pele. But that's a 19 track playlist. If it were up to me her 90s albums would have 20+ tracks and her 00s albums would have 12-13

Cooling is both in my extended Pele and Choirgirl playlists.
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

Tori's b-sides are untouchable. I don't know any other artist who has such a body of work. I miss the b-side days. Does NI have any? I know we have the bonus tracks.

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Ooh, did we already talk about good b-side artists? PJ Harvey is totally on the same level with Tori. If the Is This Desire b-sides were an album it would be my second favorite album. Even some of the obscure collaborations and covers are near-essential listening for any fan IMO (Rest Sextet, Never Be a Better Time, When Will I See You Again, This is Mine, Green Eyes, Nickel Under Foot...etc) Her last album has been randomly trickling out some incredible b-sides as well (Guilty, Dance on the Mountain, The Camp)

But I think the prize for best b-sides should really go to Siouxsie & the Banshees. The b-sides for their covers album should have been an album on it's own, and the 5 b-sides from Hyaena are better than most of the album. I'm getting deja-vu typing this so I think I may have posted about this already so I'm gonna stop.

I think it's hilarious that Tori recorded Peeping Tommi, tossed the tape in a drawer and forgot about it for 20 years.
    Talk about l'embarras des richesses.

^ yes - I wonder what else she has forgotten about and is hidden in the vaults.
    Last edited by Beelust; 02-12-2018 at 01:52 AM.
    Robbing the muse...

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Still holding out for Berlin Wall and Learn To Fly, even if I suspect they are more Sweet Dreams/Mary and less Flying Dutchman/TTTS

I wonder when we'll hear the first murmurings of this?
    They say you were something in those formative years...

I was thinking about it the other day. I bet it's soon!

Princess Sparklefists Sansa Spark's Avatar
    I dreamed there was news that she was doing a band tour in 2018/19 to commemorate Choirgirl and Venus.

^ ha! I actually dreamed two nights ago that Tori released From The Choirgirl Motel. It was alternate versions of the songs from the 1998 recording sessions - and there was all this unreleased artwork - even the cover was different. Sounded amazing in my dream...
    Robbing the muse...

My guess is most likely maybe Spring 2018? As they did for the re-release of little earthquakes and under the pink.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I'm wondering if it isn't going to happen.

They probably did the remastering already, but if they’re waiting on final approval from Tori then it’s probably on hold because of her personal/family issues. And that’s understandable.

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    Yeah, as nice as it will/would be to have, she needs to put family first. I don't need her to rush away from that for a remaster of an album that still sounds superb anyway. Little Earthquakes was 'late' and it didn't bother me.

Pele was also late, right?