Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tour Bitchfest Thread "OMG ONLY 14 SONGS"

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    ...oh and Loreena and her team have musicianship but it's painful and forced. Every show is the same. Down to the what seem like impromptu talking moments. So, to each their own. : )
    I saw Loreena last year at Massey Hall in Toronto. It was lovely but made me realize how amazing Tori is in concert (other concert I saw last year was PJ Harvey). Tori changes things up and is fascinating in concert.

I really love the jamming Tori is doing on Fairytale this year. It is exactly what I want to see her do in concert - she is reimagining the song - making her own little dance mix live on stage! Until about 8 minutes. Then I lose interest. She better shorten these soon.

Maybe the US tour will change IIEEE, Blood Roses, and Fairytale to Chocolate Song, Leather and Don't Make Me Come to Vegas (11 minute version). You never know...
    Robbing the muse...

We take in stray ducks. John's Face's Avatar
    I just really hope she works out Bang soon. I needed to hear it, and it would be such a good closer.

Last edited by YellowBird; 09-12-2017 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post
    It's noticable.

I mean look at this. She's been singing this song with ease for years, and suddenly she feels the need to breath-sing it rather than sing from her chest?

Alas. Also, those "hee's" are so strained that I just wonder why bother doing them, since they're not even part of the original song. This things she does when she sings high notes and she breathes all that air in, instead of breathing out, is harmful for the vocal chords and keeps the sound from coming out clearly.

St. Louis, Kansas City, & Chicago. Definite highlights for sure, but no show overly 'wow'd' me.
    If I remember correctly, those weren't among the best shows of the tour, so I may see your point. In Italy, for example, Rome and Padua were very good, while Milan seemed mediocre to me.

Anyway, here's a reputation comment I was just given: "you really are a fucking cunt and everybody is sick of your whining". Not signed, of course. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to reform school!
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

That was me, thanks for reminding me I forgot to sign it. You really are a cunt.
    My face screams without an emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    That was me, thanks for reminding me I forgot to sign it. You really are a cunt.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

this album should have definitely had a band tour. i wish she would do it for the U.S. she needs to perform these new songs. and they need the full lush sound the album has.

i mean, Carey i do really wish you would shut the fuck up with all your crying. we got it. we get it. move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    i mean, Carey i do really wish you would shut the fuck up with all your crying. we got it. we get it. move on.
    If you could read, you would see I'm quite balancing things I like and things I don't. I said I love most of the new songs, for example.

okay. well, if you could comprehend the way you are coming across, you could see why i am not the only one mentioning your crying. i guess you really don't matter. but, i was just trying to help you out. go to bed, WIG.

Well, for me it is not the total amount of songs she is playing, though during the last tours, there were more chances that I could listen to songs that I really like.
    A lot of played songs this tour (so far) are not my favorites and I would be happy with her just playing 10 songs at a gig if the majority of them are Native Invader tracks.
    I'd so like to hear them played in live arrangements.

Wow. People are really fucking rude sometimes.
    ~just an underwater thing~

Would it be apologist of me to say that that sounds like a pretty standard COMT performance? I mean, really. *shrugs*

I have learned the hard way that no one can gauge a Tori show by YouTube videos. Individual performances can be a good indicator of how she is doing, but its never close to the experience of being there. Every single show is different. I am staying mostly away from YouTube videos this time around because I feel like they actually detracted from my live show experience last time (which was STILL amazing and the best I've ever seen her, 2014 tour was one of the greatest). But yeah must really suck to spend money on tickets and not be excited, which is why the good lord invented Stub Hub and the like. There are plenty of people who would pay for them. Tori shows are a bit about what energy you walk into the room with. I know that sounds hippie dippie, but if you're already disappointed, it will be hard to enjoy.

Also ebby DID kindly create a Tour Bitchfest Thread for this purpose.