Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tour Bitchfest Thread "OMG ONLY 14 SONGS"

Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras Malike-pakile's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeneurope View Post
    We're not paying by the minute, but I have some friends who paid 130 euros for the Cophenaguen show... Madonna is cheaper with all the choreographies, big screens and 22 songs.
    Uhm, no she is not. Maybe if you want to sit in the back row.

Quote Originally Posted by Malike-pakile View Post
    Uhm, no she is not. Maybe if you want to sit in the back row.
    I saw Madonna (MDNA) and was in the Golden pit for 112 euros, she was right in front of me. The seats at the back were 45 euros.

Yeah it's definitely possible to give her a break and still complain about the set length. I haven't been to a seated venue and seen less than 20 songs in... I have no idea how long. Even 16 would make me feel better. 14 is short for a standing room only $25 GA show for most established artists. We're already down to 10 "real" songs, and God knows how many more awful things Mark will program by the time she gets to the states.

I'd be okay with this show because at least she didn't fully waste any of the 10 slots (ahem Roosterspur). But it's definitely odd.

(And how on earth are 14 songs taking almost 100 minutes? When one of them is Josephine no less)

Maybe some other factors are at play? I think my tickets were like $65 for Austin...

Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras Malike-pakile's Avatar
    I saw Madonna (MDNA) and was in the Golden pit for 112 euros, she was right in front of me. The seats at the back were 45 euros.
    Ok. Her last concert in Berlin was expensive as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by bratboy View Post
    Maybe some other factors are at play? I think my tickets were like $65 for Austin...
    Moody Theatre is why for that city. Super expensive venue.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Moody Theatre is why for that city. Super expensive venue.
    Oh I don't think that's expensive. Someone above cited 130 euros...

(i think i paid $400 regular price to see madonna when she came to KC. they were ok seats, but i don't think they were the most expensive tier ...)

Comparatively, it is a more expensive ticket than her other shows in NA and is substantially more expensive than her previous Austin venues. I don't think it's absurd or anything, but it's definitely on the higher end for the tour.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Copenhaguen tickets go up to 130 euros and Vienna around 100. Switzerland is pretty expensive too, around 100 euros as well. And Germany, as usual.

Growing up means you stop idealizing your myths and see the truth the way it is. Tori is playing it cheaper and cheaper. She has four houses, a recording studio, tons of haute couture dresses, her daughter goes to an expensive school, and still she cuts the budged, makes an album without real musicians NOT by artistic choice, even if the songs would clearly benefit immensely from at least real drums. She doesn't even pay a proper producer. She doesn't hire musician for her live shows. She doesn't even rehease. I can sympathize with everything she's going through, but when I see 100 dollars for a ticket my sympathy friendly slips away. She's not gonna gonna be broke if she just skips touring this time, it's her choice.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Growing up means you stop idealizing your myths and see the truth the way it is. Tori is playing it cheaper and cheaper. She has four houses, a recording studio, tons of haute couture dresses, her daughter goes to an expensive school, and still she cuts the budged, makes an album without real musicians NOT as an artistic choice, even if the songs would have benefited immensely from at least real drums. She doesn't even pay a proper producer. She doesn't hire musician for her live shows. She doesn't even rehease. I can sympathize with everything she's going through, but when I see 100 dollars for a ticket my sympathy friendly slips away. She's not gonna gonna be broke if she just skips touring this time, it's her choice.
    "I don't have to like the things you say" ~ Chocolate Thong, Tori Amos, 2017 ~

You are jinxing our chances of 5 to 6 encore songs!!!
    Robbing the muse...

Jesus Christ y'all. Sell your tickets on stub hub and go do something you might enjoy more. When tori was making me miserable in 2009, I chose not to go. I don't regret it either. Seriously. If you go into these shows already disappointed and resentful, you're not going to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Jesus Christ y'all. Sell your tickets on stub hub and go do something you might enjoy more. When tori was making me miserable in 2009, I chose not to go. I don't regret it either. Seriously. If you go into these shows already disappointed and resentful, you're not going to enjoy it.
    I did not expect that, that's all. I'm gonna have a great time, for sure. But can I make a small criticism? I can be uhappy about such a short setlist.

I did not expect that, that's all. I'm gonna have a great time, for sure. But can I make a small criticism? I can be uhappy about such a short setlist.
    There's a difference between a small criticism and entitlement and I'm seeing an awful lot of the latter.