Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tour Bitchfest Thread "OMG ONLY 14 SONGS"

Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras Malike-pakile's Avatar
    The first time I saw Joanna Newsom, she played 12 songs. And it was a glorious concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Jesus Christ y'all. Sell your tickets on stub hub and go do something you might enjoy more. When tori was making me miserable in 2009, I chose not to go. I don't regret it either. Seriously. If you go into these shows already disappointed and resentful, you're not going to enjoy it.
    I'm not going, indeed...
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    "I don't have to like the things you say" ~ Chocolate Thong, Tori Amos, 2017 ~

You are jinxing our chances of 5 to 6 encore songs!!!
    Hahahahaha. either you're super funny or your auto correct is naughty

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Growing up means you stop idealizing your myths and see the truth the way it is. Tori is playing it cheaper and cheaper. She has four houses, a recording studio, tons of haute couture dresses, her daughter goes to an expensive school, and still she cuts the budged, makes an album without real musicians NOT by artistic choice, even if the songs would clearly benefit immensely from at least real drums. She doesn't even pay a proper producer. She doesn't hire musician for her live shows. She doesn't even rehease. I can sympathize with everything she's going through, but when I see 100 dollars for a ticket my sympathy friendly slips away. She's not gonna gonna be broke if she just skips touring this time, it's her choice.
    Eh what? This might be the most ridiculous post I've read here in a long time. The woman just released a fantastic album. You know fuck all about what her artistic choices are based on. She's earned her money and the comforts she's bought with them by working HARD for 25 years (is there anyone who has worked harder over such a long time in popular music?). Ticket prices are mostly down to venues, which is why different shows have different prices. It's not like Tori randomly decided to charge less for my show (I paid about 60 USD for 12th row in Ghent) than for the one in Copenhagen.

My god, this freakout over set length is embarrassing.

There's a difference between a small criticism and entitlement and I'm seeing an awful lot of the latter.
    I could say there's also a difference between having a heart and being a bleeding heart.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

Growing up means you stop idealizing your myths and see the truth the way it is. Tori is playing it cheaper and cheaper. She has four houses, a recording studio, tons of haute couture dresses, her daughter goes to an expensive school, and still she cuts the budged, makes an album without real musicians NOT by artistic choice, even if the songs would clearly benefit immensely from at least real drums. She doesn't even pay a proper producer. She doesn't hire musician for her live shows. She doesn't even rehease. I can sympathize with everything she's going through, but when I see 100 dollars for a ticket my sympathy friendly slips away. She's not gonna gonna be broke if she just skips touring this time, it's her choice.
    She is not forcing anyone to buy a ticket. She doesn't even rehearse? Lol.

I could say there's also a difference between having a heart and being a bleeding heart.
    wat.

Also, she mentioned on NPR today that its a day to day situation with her mother, but she is still touring because this is what she does. She wrote, recorded, and produced a beautiful album. She felt it was important to do this. It's not about her fucking houses or shoes. HER MOTHER IS DYING. If my mother were dying I'd be home on the couch eating ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post
    oh my god, it's 2005 all over again.
    It really felt like it. I've got a gigantic pair of fairy wings, but even I felt a little uncomfortable tonight

Also, she mentioned on NPR today that its a day to day situation with her mother, but she is still touring because this is what she does. She wrote, recorded, and produced a beautiful album. She felt it was important to do this. It's not about her fucking houses or shoes. HER MOTHER IS DYING. If my mother were dying I'd be home on the couch eating ice cream.
    I just can't with your pietism. I know her mother's dying and it makes me really sad too, even if I don't show off my emotions the way you do, but that doesn't mean we have to give her a hella lot of money just to see her figuring songs out on stage and meandering over and over the same sentences...

n o b o d y i s f o r c i n g y o u t o p a y.

Honestly, stop being a goddamned cunt.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    n o b o d y i s f o r c i n g y o u t o p a y.

Honestly, stop being a goddamned cunt.
    I am not going, indeed, it's the third time I say it.

I just can't with your pietism. I know her mother's dying and it makes me really sad too, even if I don't show off my emotions the way you do, but that doesn't mean we have to give her a hella lot of money just to see her figuring songs out on stage and meandering over and over the same sentences...
    Last time I checked it was called compassion. You might want to go find some.

Last time I checked it was called compassion. You might want to go find some.
    Last time I checked compassion wasn't for pay.

I am not going, indeed, it's the third time I say it.
    We got that now. You don't want to pay the money. That's fine. Now bugger off.