Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bang

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    After hearing Reindeer King, I was so thrilled to hear something of that quality from Tori again and resigned myself to the fact that there was no way she could have something better on the album. The more I listen to Bang, the more I'm convinced I was wrong. I just love it it so much.

This song was my most anticipated NI track and it now keeps playing in my head. I think song structures like this are what Tori wanted to do with the UG and AATS title tracks and I think she really nailed it this time + the 2nd half with the elements!!

I was listening to Datura, Garlands and Kate's Pi before NI was released, and I was wondering if Tori would ever do another song with a list. I got my answer! LOL

I also agree with you guys that it could really have soared more. However, I'm satisfied with where she took it. It also made me review some lessons I had in college and only fully realized that "We're all made of stars".
    Last edited by neptunerune; 09-14-2017 at 06:10 AM.
    Past a shooting star

Thank you so much for sharing the lyrics page @Joey

This is definitely going to become a classic GREAT Tori song. It is so immense and lush and powerful, the imagery in the lyrics is stunning, the melody, arrangement and production all perfect and fully rendered.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    This is definitely going to become a classic GREAT Tori song. It is so immense and push and powerful, the imagery in the lyrics is stunning, the melody, arrangement and production all perfect and fully rendered.
    I've actually rearranged the album and I end the album with Bang

your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    Yesterday for the first time I got a sexual vibe from this song, particularly the rhythm and building. Perhaps that is the sexy queen style guitar work that was earlier said this song needed? Could be. She's always had subtle sexual innuendos, and bang is a common word for that.

Quote Originally Posted by roominmyheart View Post
    Yesterday for the first time I got a sexual vibe from this song, particularly the rhythm and building. Perhaps that is the sexy queen style guitar work that was earlier said this song needed? Could be. She's always had subtle sexual innuendos, and bang is a common word for that.
    You were just horny.

your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    ^ I'm not ruling that out as a possibility, ha! I mean if she could describe oral sex in ASF (pulling back the hood) or Pink and Glitter....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by roominmyheart View Post
    ^ I'm not ruling that out as a possibility, ha! I mean if she could describe oral sex in ASF (pulling back the hood) or Pink and Glitter....LOL
    I KNEW IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    Beautiful. thanks for sharing.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Something about this makes me think of Fiona or Regina. Also the beginning piano used to get jumbled in my head with "Take It There" by Massive Attack

Can't believe how much i love this track now......i initially thought it was so so.......it's one of my real favourites from the album(alongside Bats,Climb,Benjamin,Reindeer King and Up The Creek!!!)......however, when i hear it now i can't help but hear an expressive violin from about halfway into the song...apart from that i wouldn't change a thing!!! Maybe it's time for Mark to discover more instruments lol !!!

I played this for my Buddhist study group and had discussion about it. It was awesome.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.