Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bang

So, um holy crap, I just heard the backing vocals toward the end!!

Starts with the element listing I believe, but more noticable from "chlorine" onward.

Certainly not your typical backing vocals; deep, subtle, unpredictable whisper-singing lol.

Edit: Actually, reminds me of the backing vox in the AAtS bridge. (The subtle ones not the obvious ones lol)
    Last edited by till_it's_warm; 12-24-2017 at 10:08 PM.

wait what?? im trying to listen and i cant hear any!! am i going crazy?

I tried yesterday too! What are you using to listen?

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    A couple days ago I was in the car with my husband and a friend and NI was playing. We had just came out from a restaurant and we were all a bit tired and busy digesting our pizzas, so I turned the volume on and played Up the Creek and then I skipped to Bang, and fully enjoyed both as we drove. When Bang ended I expected my friend to say nothing or to say something appreciative about the songs (she had previously asked who Tori was), but instead she said "After all this silence we ought to talk about something or it's gonna get depressing". I was like... SILENCE? You call Bang SILENCE?? I really hate when people are so obtuse about music. Not when they don't like what I like, but when they don't care about music at all. Silence. Whatever.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

did she mean silence, referring to the fact that you were all sitting listening quietly? I can understand that if so, regardless of how amazing the music is.

Quote Originally Posted by torifan101 View Post
    did she mean silence, referring to the fact that you were all sitting listening quietly? I can understand that if so, regardless of how amazing the music is.
    Yes, but I don't understand why that should be an issue. She said it like there had been an awkward silence, while it was actually some great songs. Also, we had been talking for hours.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1

Soo (sorry for the apparent double post) has anyone noticed that in the live performance of Bang she changed the lyrics to add nitrogen after molybdenum? At 6:47 she says something like "Nitrogen" and mumbles selenium quickly instead of just "selenium"
    My website! LOOK, ART!1

I think she only included Nitrogen that one time.

Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    I think she only included Nitrogen that one time.
    Oh, I had removed that she played it live more than once lol But I remember someone remarked that she left out nitrogen in the album version, and here she is, adding it.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar

truly one of the most awesome moments of 2017 for me. i was expecting Precious Things and then we got this!

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    What is the high pitched almost string or keyboard-esque sound I can hear in this? I heard it the first time I listened, it's almost like the speakers in the venue make it possible to hear something I'm missing on the backing track on the studio version. It happens around 'and the heavens' and sounds almost like a choral backing vocal. It also comes back in during the element list - I can hear in most clearly after "chlorine - magnesium" right before the guitar line comes in again. Am I going crazy?

So bright it blinded me... RecoveringXian's Avatar
    PS22 Chorus version of "Bang":

this tornado loves you UnderTheFunk's Avatar
    Oh. They're the best.

They really showcase the heart of the song well.

Tori does a great job performing this, and it's one of my favorites in her whole catalog. Through the years though, I've often thought she should write more often for other voices. The Light Princess hit the spot, of course. This really scratches that itch for me too. Even though she is and always will be my favorite, sometimes, for me, her songwriting outshines her performance capabilities (especially in the studio).

I am a total sap and now feel this song was meant to be performed by a choir of energetic kids. (And a college a capella group to boot.)

It is lovely indeed, though for me nothing will beat its first live performance in Mesa. IMO it was truly a highlight of the tour and by far the best performance of a Native Invader song (and it had a backing track! lol)