Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NI Tour - Observations

Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    I always pass the Tombigbee River going from Alabama to New Orleans, Louisiana, so I bet it's a safe bet for the NOLA show.
    Ah! I hope so! That’s one of my shows! Everyone send Tombigbee vibes to NOLA!

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    That flannel couture is A fuckin plus.
    Agreed. The flannel couture is awesome, as are nice flannels in general. I have a friend who is a clothing designer (her stuff makes up at least half my overall wardrobe and, like, 3/4 of my winter wardrobe), and she was doing a lot with flannel last year. I may rock my flannel sweater set at my show (it’s a slipdress and cardigan made from the same flannel, really just because I loved the fabric, but I asked if it would look crazy if I wore them together—she doubles as my stylist—and she said, “No, I think matching flannels are like the new sweater set,” which I love). But I’ve also got this tunic/pants combo that reminds me of the tour dresses, so I’ll probably do that in Atlanta since I can’t do the NOLA M&G (and what’s the point if she doesn’t see it?). I plan my show outfits so far in advance it’s ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post

I mentioned this in an earlier thread but I love the long slit skirt over leggins. Should could have the skirt hemmed up a bit and wear it with bad ass (designer of course) ankle boots.
    I ADORE THIS OUTFIT. I want to ask the aforementioned friend to make me a skirt like that. I’ve got a pair of gray pants that would look perfect under it (or my red pants, should the outfit call for them), plus three different ankle boots I could play with. I also have almost exactly that leather jacket. It’s been so long since I wanted to steal style ideas from Tori. (I also still dream of asking my friend to make me a Choirgirl-style apron. If anyone else wants an apron, I could tell her that she could make a killing selling them to Tori fans!

Sorry. I could talk about clothes all day.
    Last edited by ontheindianside; 10-13-2017 at 12:55 PM.

This is less of an observation (good start!!!) and more of what I'm sure is an unpopular feeling: karaoke ASF feels almost as bad as karaoke cornflake girl to me already. cringe don't be mad, guys! granted, I only experienced it twice so far, but I really used to love ASF live (the classic word twisty one from OSW tour with the band, def the random visits in later tours) ... but for some reason I'm slightly dreading it as the closer this tour. I guess I'm sewww sad ASF isn't hitting me in this form. To be clear: no other complaints except for personal taste in setlists! This tour is exceeding all expectations so far. I marvel at all the gorgeous moments so far and am so glad it's here

Well you can look at it this way. You can leave early when she starts into ASF, and get out of the parking lot before the major exit.

In multiple interviews Tori mentioned that she was really suffering because of menopause in 2014. But I find her stamina, voice and performances in 2014 in general much much stronger than this time around.

I agree. She was also pumping out debuts like crazy. New covers, mashups, YKTR songs, rare b-sides (Zero Point), etc. It makes me wonder how she was able to do that night after night then, but not now.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

^^ I have a feeling the US tour may be a little more robust. She did say that she didn't have time to practice as much as she wanted due to going up to the wire with NI. She may be wanting to pace herself too.

It should be interesting to see if over a month in-between tour legs has an impact on the US leg at all.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    It really is a shame that she doesn't have some players in this tour that could bring Broken Arrow to life. That should be a tour staple (every single show).

Red face

broken arrow as a NI Tour staple? that would be lovely...

Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    Well you can look at it this way. You can leave early when she starts into ASF, and get out of the parking lot before the major exit.
    ha, i'd never leave early! no driving, no car, no worries brah! i will force myself to love every moment of this ASF. it helps when precious things or PGY comes right before

I'm not hating this version of ASF anymore. I like the way the backing drums sound and the synths, and I love her jamming to it. I only wish: 1) it was a couple of minutes shorter, and that she wouldn't repeat each sentence so many times, especially on the new mexico bridge; 2) she sang the closing verse, which is the best part of the song, instead of repeating sew seed for ten times again. The last versions have gotten better, though.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

Quote Originally Posted by knalani87 View Post
    broken arrow as a NI Tour staple? that would be lovely...
    Yes, please, baby Jesus.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

That song is amazing.