Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NI Tour - Observations

For those that have been to the European shows - have the shows seemed full of people? Or are there a lot of empty seats?
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    For those that have been to the European shows - have the shows seemed full of people? Or are there a lot of empty seats?
    Berlin and Paris seemed full
    If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. Friedrich Nietzsche

Vienna as well

A Little Dust the new prosecutor's Avatar
    I'm surprised there are still so many core Tori songs (at least in my opinion) that have not been played yet. Is this common at this stage of past tours? I'm assuming the rest will come at some point on the other side of the Europe/USA divide.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    Only been to Berlin and Munich. Berlin almost seemed sold out, Munich not at all. The whole upper part was kind of empty. :-(

do you think she will have time in-between the European and the American tour to practice some and do some new songs?

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I'm super curious to see how, if at all, her approach changes in the US. I imagine iieee, Reindeer King, and ASF will stick. There's no way she'll stop calling the covers section Fake Muse Network when she comes to the US. I imagine it's going to be a more or less straight continuation of what she's been doing so far.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Undented retweeted that she's working on Juarez.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    I hope its not a karaoke backtrack version. But I suspect it will have some kind of back beat. I also suspect it will happen in the Southwest and probably only the southwest.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    Oh god, why did I never even consider Juarez? Should be a total staple this tour! That's exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBK View Post
    I hope its not a karaoke backtrack version. But I suspect it will have some kind of back beat. I also suspect it will happen in the Southwest and probably only the southwest.
    I think the Juarez loop is really good. If she just uses that ala Flavor this tour, it should sound fine if not great. I requested it a couple of times in 2014 and she always said it was a good idea but it'd take time to figure out an arrangement.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

I asked Juarez as well in 2014 and she said that she didn't know how to play it, so I'm looking forward for her playing it live. I also think it will be a drumloop like ASF or Flavour.

Wasn't sure where to post this:

I am loving those tassel things on her blouse hanging from her wrists (it's actually just extra material.) Binns did good this time around compared to the horror of some of her previous tour ""designs"".

ETA: Apparently Binns is her stylist and not designer.

I don't think Binns designs the tour outfits herself, what I gathered from a recent interview is that she finds designers and makes sure that the look they come up with fulfills Tori's requirements. Binns is a stylist, right?

I was surprised though at how Tori made it sound as if she just let Binns do her thing without much input from Tori.

This is terrible - whoever designed and approved it.

And what the hell is this dress?

She looks like a member of the Banana Splits!