Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NI Tour - Observations

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    This is terrible - whoever designed and approved it.

And what the hell is this dress?

She looks like a member of the Banana Splits!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    I don't think Binns designs the tour outfits herself, what I gathered from a recent interview is that she finds designers and makes sure that the look they come up with fulfills Tori's requirements. Binns is a stylist, right?

I was surprised though at how Tori made it sound as if she just let Binns do her thing without much input from Tori.
    Karen is usually credited for "concept" (although I wonder what it exactly it is that she conceptualises). I wonder which designers she has been been working with on this tour...

Something that struck me as odd is that Karen/(Tori?) pretty much had a previous outfit by Bernard Chandran recycled/retailored in a somewhat clumsy way.

I mentioned this in an earlier thread but I love the long slit skirt over leggins. Should could have the skirt hemmed up a bit and wear it with bad ass (designer of course) ankle boots.

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmejosef View Post
    Karen is usually credited for "concept" (although I wonder what it exactly it is that she conceptualises). I wonder which designers she has been been working with on this tour...

Something that struck me as odd is that Karen/(Tori?) pretty much had a previous outfit by Bernard Chandran recycled/retailored in a somewhat clumsy way.

I see what you're saying but I'll take the first photo's clothing *reinvention* over any of the tour outfits I posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    I see what you're saying but I'll take the first photo's clothing *reinvention* over any of the tour outfits I posted above.
    Well, you're definitely right. We've seen some truly dignified and beautiful creations this time around. That said, I cannot get over the Mardi Gras outfit she sported in Utrecht while playing one of the best shows of the tour...

I have one question concerning this and it goes like this: why? How can something like this even happen when she's got those outfits with her:

That flannel couture is A fuckin plus.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    That flannel couture is A fuckin plus.
    And those red Miu Miu glasses go perfectly with it. Such a winning outfit.

The outfits this tour are a HUGE improvement from other tours (specially '09 until '12). I find the jumpsuits from ADP tour really tacky, but it makes sense that she had to change to something practical (and I liked the dolls' clothes). '09 tour was dreadful, and the curtains from '11 were horrid as well. The UG outfits were a nice improvement, even if not really nice. Now it's classy and sometimes fun (utretch).

Also, I LOVE the fact that she's not wearing wigs (it seems that it's only extensions). I get that stage clothes have to be a little out there, and that's fine. But the taste level was really low for some tours.
    I will be safe in my frame.

As I said, I am digging the tassel things. And I agree about the extensions.

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    I just wish, not just her, but the world in general, would stop wearing open sandals with socks or stockings on. They make me cry so bad. I know there are stockings designed to be worn with sandals, I know opaque ones are approved by the gods of fashion, but I just can't.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Grace View Post
    I just wish, not just her, but the world in general, would stop wearing open sandals with socks or stockings on. They make me cry so bad. I know there are stockings designed to be worn with sandals, I know opaque ones are approved by the gods of fashion, but I just can't.
    I DON'T BELIEVE YOUUUUU!

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmejosef View Post

2017 outfits are a good direction for her. we need to get used to it - she enjoys both the elegance she chooses for Paris shows and looking like a damn parrot in some random tour moments. There's never a 100% boring cohesion and as long as we're over 2009 and 2011 awfullnesses I'm okay with it. What I could complain aboutis that these "dresses" are a bit too tent-like but if she feels more comfortable like this then whatever. In fact she looks just awesome this year, despite all that's been horrowing her mind. my first thought when I saw her at m&g was "oh wow she's so cute"

Quote Originally Posted by mich. View Post

2017 outfits are a good direction for her. we need to get used to it - she enjoys both the elegance she chooses for Paris shows and looking like a damn parrot in some random tour moments. There's never a 100% boring cohesion and as long as we're over 2009 and 2011 awfullnesses I'm okay with it. What I could complain aboutis that these "dresses" are a bit too tent-like but if she feels more comfortable like this then whatever. In fact she looks just awesome this year, despite all that's been horrowing her mind. my first thought when I saw her at m&g was "oh wow she's so cute"
    A decisive aspect of the show for me is the question of what kind of eyewear she is going to combine with her outfit. 2014 clearly wins over this year, unfortunately.
    @mich. – I cannot send my PM until you've emptied some of your inbox! (edit: sent via e-mail)
    Last edited by hermes; 10-11-2017 at 01:00 AM.

I think tombigbee will show up at the US shows

Quote Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post
    I think tombigbee will show up at the US shows
    I always pass the Tombigbee River going from Alabama to New Orleans, Louisiana, so I bet it's a safe bet for the NOLA show.