Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Los Angeles, CA 03/12/2017 [Night 3]

Setlist and Reviews for Los Angeles, CA 03/12/2017 [Night 3]

This topic is solely dedicated to the setlist and freakout for the third Tori show at the Ace Hotel Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA.

Setlist

01. i i e e e
    02. Bliss
    03. Sister Janet
    04. Pandora's Aquarium
    05. Juarez
    06. Alamo / Smooth Operator [Sade cover]
    07. Pretty Good Year
    08. Russia

Fake Muse Network
    09. Real Men [Joe Jackson cover]
    10. Leaving On A Jet Plane [John Denver cover] / Merman / Operation Peter Pan

11. Reindeer King
    12. Ruby Through The Looking-Glass
    13. Dixie
    14. Winter

Encore
    15. Mr. Zebra
    16. Leather
    17. Cruel
    18. Raspberry Swirl

The final Native Invader freakout tour date is now open for discussion!

Was just recalling that Selkie never resurfaced, after being cut from the Philly set list. Are there any other tracks that made it onto the printed set list, but haven't actually been performed this tour?

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I'm feeling TIYH tonight. It's time to wave goodbye, now.

I am really sad this era is coming to an end. 2014 and this era have been my favorites since Scarlet, but to be totally honest I enjoyed all the live shows I saw more than most of the Scarlet shows I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    Was just recalling that Selkie never resurfaced, after being cut from the Philly set list. Are there any other tracks that made it onto the printed set list, but haven't actually been performed this tour?
    Wasn‘t Pandora on a setlist as well but was not performed?

I can’t believe it’s ending
    -time moves both ways-

Quote Originally Posted by Rabih View Post
    Wasn‘t Pandora on a setlist as well but was not performed?
    Yes. In NYC, night 2. It was supposed to be played instead of Leather.

For North American shows anyways, she was supposed to do The Circle Game in Austin but swapped it out for A Case of You last minute. I’m sad Pandora and Selkie never surfaced at all.

This has been my favorite era and tour in a long time. The tour regulars seem more reigned in, almost everyone seems to love the record, and there’s such a striking contrast between these shows from other tours. How crazy is it that we’ve effectively seen three very different groups of shows since the tour began in September too?
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I am really sad this era is coming to an end. 2014 and this era have been my favorites since Scarlet
    Me too. At the risk of getting rocks thrown at me, I thought 2014 was stronger tour-wise (more consistent) but I didn't like UG, so it was a mixed era for me. This tour, it's the opposite and I love the album nearly as much as I love SW, and several tons more than any album from TBK-NoH, but the tour (as an observer at home, since I didn't get to any shows) has been hit or miss. But when she has delivered, it's been amazing, and I am in absolute awe of what she has achieved this tour given her personal cicrumstances. I hope she is as well and realizes what a badass she is.

This has 100% been my favorite era for interviews since... actually maybe since I became a fan in 2001. She's grounded, open, and confident in a way she's never been before. I feel like everything we've seen this year has been 100% her with no facade.

I am trying to enjoy every last bit of this, because of course I wonder what the next era has in store for us and if it will be as good or even better. I have perhaps a naive amount of hope for her going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    Me too. At the risk of getting rocks thrown at me, I thought 2014 was stronger tour-wise (more consistent) but I didn't like UG, so it was a mixed era for me. This tour, it's the opposite and I love the album nearly as much as I love SW, and several tons more than any album from TBK-NoH, but the tour (as an observer at home, since I didn't get to any shows) has been hit or miss. But when she has delivered, it's been amazing, and I am in absolute awe of what she has achieved this tour given her personal cicrumstances. I hope she is as well and realizes what a badass she is.

This has 100% been my favorite era for interviews since... actually maybe since I became a fan in 2001. She's grounded, open, and confident in a way she's never been before. I feel like everything we've seen this year has been 100% her with no facade.

I am trying to enjoy every last bit of this, because of course I wonder what the next era has in store for us and if it will be as good or even better. I have perhaps a naive amount of hope for her going forward.
    Overall I liked my shows more in 2014, but I also feel like it was such an INCREDIBLE comeback, on top of one of those shows being my actual dream setlist. I can argue that the sets were more focused and polished this time around, but didn’t quite hit the heights of those 2014 shows. I loved UG and still do, but Native aivader is a better more focused record in every single way.

Overall I liked my shows more in 2014, but I also feel like it was such an INCREDIBLE comeback, on top of one of those shows being my actual dream setlist. I can argue that the sets were more focused and polished this time around, but didn’t quite hit the heights of those 2014 shows. I loved UG and still do, but Native aivader is a better more focused record in every single way.
    God yes. I loved the 2011 tour, but it wasn't a normal tour or album, so I'm comparing 2014 against 2009 and holy shit. Night and day don't begin to describe it. 2014 to me was a true return to form in terms of performances, and though I did not like UG, I could tell she was finding her way back. The interviews were great, she was looking lovely and like herself again. It was just a taste of what we got this year. I'm still in disbelief of how much I love Native Invader, and the fact that I am having a hard time deciding which songs to kick out of my top 20/30 so I can make room for NI songs.

The best thing to me has been the overall excitement this time around that most of us have shared. This has been such a shitty year+, and it's been so wonderful to have almost everyone love the album and share their love for it. I think so many of us needed this album at this time. And then we got spoiled with the streams of the concerts and so many of us got to experience listening to them together. It's been such a nice relief from all of the awful things happening, and that's why I'm sad to see this end. I didn't realize how sad I would be until I realized that starting tomorrow, there is no respite for 8-10 hours a week anymore. Just hell.

A Little Dust the new prosecutor's Avatar
    So excited for tonight, but I can't believe it's finally coming to an end. This was my most active tour yet, in terms of the number of shows I've seen in person (plus all of the periscopes we've watched together!) What a fantastic experience this has been. I don't like to go into a show with set expectations, but here are a few things I'm hopeful for:

- "LA" songs: GOT80s, Apollo's Frock, maybe even Motormaids again? (yes, that one is just a California reference, but close enough)
    - More Pele: She's only done one song so far in LA, which boggles my mind. I still can't believe we haven't gotten a proper Father Lucifer this entire tour. I was under the impression she usually did that one with some regularity on past tours, but maybe I'm wrong.
    - YKTR: I would love some Etienne, Floating City, or On the Boundary. I'm so surprised that the reissue hasn't inspired her to play more from the album this tour.

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    The best thing to me has been the overall excitement this time around that most of us have shared. This has been such a shitty year+, and it's been so wonderful to have almost everyone love the album and share their love for it. I think so many of us needed this album at this time. And then we got spoiled with the streams of the concerts and so many of us got to experience listening to them together. It's been such a nice relief from all of the awful things happening, and that's why I'm sad to see this end. I didn't realize how sad I would be until I realized that starting tomorrow, there is no respite for 8-10 hours a week anymore. Just hell.
    I have said it once and I will say it again: Tori Amos has her faults, but she always shows up when I need her. And LORD KNOWS we needed her right now. God. The rest of 2017 is going to suck.

I have said it once and I will say it again: Tori Amos has her faults, but she always shows up when I need her. And LORD KNOWS we needed her right now. God. The rest of 2017 is going to suck.
    It's true! I've tried to explain this to non-Tori fan friends and it's impossible, especially without coming off as a kook. I hope she knows that. I know people tell her all the time, but I hope she truly knows how much she has been there for everyone.

If the tour has to end, we at least need to be given more indictments to get us through this.