Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Los Angeles, CA 01/12/2017 [Night 1]

1600, i think.

I decided that flying out from Philly for the LA shows was too extreme, but after seeing this setlist, I wish I would have

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    This is one of the most Tori Amos concert photos I've ever seen. Playing the keyboard and piano at the same time with the hair flying.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BcMMeLYB...aken-by=jus10h

Somewhat related, I've noticed a lot of people on Twitter and IG who have never seen her live before until this tour that are floored when she does this. "She's a witch! She's playing two pianos at once!" I feel I almost take for granted the way she does this with ease, and that it's something I don't think anyone else does.

I believe Amanda Palmer yelled "witch!" in Boston.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I don't like Perez, but he's authentically one of us

these days just seem to crush me
    Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    This is one of the most Tori Amos concert photos I've ever seen. Playing the keyboard and piano at the same time with the hair flying.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BcMMeLYB...aken-by=jus10h

Somewhat related, I've noticed a lot of people on Twitter and IG who have never seen her live before until this tour that are floored when she does this. "She's a witch! She's playing two pianos at once!" I feel I almost take for granted the way she does this with ease, and that it's something I don't think anyone else does.
    I also love on periscope (when i'm up late enough to watch the stream) people asking "WHO IS This?! She's amazing!" Like how do you just stumble upon the link I wonder. haha. It's happened a few times now.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
    I also love on periscope (when i'm up late enough to watch the stream) people asking "WHO IS This?! She's amazing!" Like how do you just stumble upon the link I wonder. haha. It's happened a few times now.
    "It's Smokey Joe?" (from the other night) I wonder if Periscope has a Trending Now page or something. Otherwise I'd love to know how people end up in the stream. It'd be funny to think that she's gaining some fans because of these streams.

feel it seep thru the slick divide MyNameisWarts's Avatar
    This was my first show in maybe 10 years and my only one this tour. And it's the first time I have seen her perform solo since my first ever show in 2001! My partner, who is a long-time fan (but not an obsessed nut), had never seen her before.

I have sort of followed the setlists but I hadn't watched/heard much from this tour, so I wasn't sure what stuff would sound like. The first 3 songs were some of the most powerful, riveting performances I've ever personally witnessed from T. I thought Cruel was a really neat update, with the sinister vibe turned way up and the sensual vibe turned way down compared to the album version. It was scary and tense and very beautiful.

Little Earthquakes blew me the fuck away and made me cry. My favorite of the night.

Little Amsterdam was also terrific. Her piano playing was particularly A+ there. And Beulah Land has always been one of my all-time favorites, so I felt pretty shocked when I realized it was happening. Really touching.

Have Yourself a ML Crimmus was gorgeous, but if I'm being totally honest I could have done without Drummer Boy and I felt a dip at this point in the show. At one point instead of "Ba rum pum pum pum" I could have sworn I heard "Shut tuh tuh tuh tup" which made me laugh, but now I feel like I might have hallucinated this.

I was really excited to hear Breakaway which I find so beautiful, one of my favorites from the new album. Girl was also a highlight, I particularly liked how she reimagined the end ("and in the mist there she rides")—she did it with a quiet and almost eerie intensity. It was a great main set closer.

I hate to say it but I didn't love Raspberry Swirl. I don't think that song has aged well and the remix was a little messy sounding IMO. Weird way to go out and I'm surprised she did it so much this tour. But all in all, a terrific experience even though the best stuff was at the top of the show. I think it's pretty amazing she sounds this great at this point in her career.