Thread: Setlist and Reviews for New Orleans, LA 14/11/2017

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    what the fuck happened here

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    I am sticking by my codeine story.

This is the face of someone on the good stuff:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BbgMGwan...agged=toriamos

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    what's your opinion of the show? were you at the meet & greet?
    oh no no i meant home for the night! lol. certainly not there - just wanted to see what went on in the freak out and boy oh boy is this a strange one on paper! interested to hear from folks there and see clips.

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    I am sticking by my codeine story.

This is the face of someone on the good stuff:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BbgMGwan...agged=toriamos
    lololololol

What the eff; weirdest set ever?! I kind of think I'd have liked it despite BoC and Lady in Blue. Tombigbee is . But I can't imagine a casual fan being super thrilled.

(Also three years ago I would have DIED for Do It Again but the 2015 festival version is one of my least favorite Tori YouTube moments ever - was it better tonight, e.g. sans backing track?)

It's my favorite studio cover but I hate this:

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    ^ WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT. That's my favorite studio cover too and wow. I've never seen that and just what the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    ^ WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT. That's my favorite studio cover too and wow. I've never seen that and just what the hell.
    I KNOW! I was so upset the first time I saw it! The atmosphere/production on the studio version is so perfect I don't ever need to hear it any other way.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Oooh. I've never heard Lovesong performed this way. I like it!

What has actually happened here?!

When I saw all the Twitter notifications on my phone this morning I thought Undented had been trolling people because there wasn't someone reporting the setlist. I have no words other than: did this really happen? It's hard to believe.

She did meet 90 people at the M&G in silence despite being on vocal rest and performed a unique set even though she probably should have rescheduled the performance. I haven't heard a recording of last night's show, but I raise my hat to her either way.
    Last edited by hermes; 11-15-2017 at 07:13 AM.

I just woke up, checked the setlist and couldn't believe my sleepy eyes. What the actual fuck

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    Uhmm yeah... thefuck.
    I'm watching the streams on Periscope. It's totally weird but the mood in the room was great!

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YpJkWjdlDZJj?q=tori
    https://www.pscp.tv/w/1djxXMkAbQVKZ?q=tori
    Last edited by Bloody Grace; 11-15-2017 at 08:47 AM.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I think I don't get it. She's tired, her voice is in bad shape, so she chooses this night to bust out a hundred debuts and covers she hasn't performed in 80 years?!

The mind boggles. I think this is the single most random set list she has ever performed, ever!

Was there tonight and wondered what was going on with this set lol .. We didntt get to make the M&G due to no babysitter until this evening. I realized pretty quickly she was doing all lower register songs and her voice sounded really good actually. It also felt extremely short though I haven't done the math on how long she actually played.
    Afterwards, myself & about 8 or 9 others hung around outside by her bus area. When she came out she didn't say a single word but did pause getting on the bus to wave and smile to us, but she didn't speak or anything. I just called out a Thank You for coming. My first Tori show was in New Orleans, the last time she played there in 2003. This show tonight was special for many reasons... I'm amazed she didn't cancel. I hope she gets some rest and takes care of herself.

Maybe she wanted to make up for her 14 years absence in New Orleans and played as many requests as she could? That would explain the awkward appearance of Programmable Soda. Anyway, this show should be classified as 'not-trad' on toriset cause it's unprecedented to debut like 10 songs during one set in the 3/4 of the tour.

Still listening to periscope, Another Girl's Paradise is fucking fierce. And Tombigbee as well. Now I believe even Juarez is possible.

By the way, boomboomroom666 had like 2,1k people on his periscope, I think there's a huge commercial potential, like we'd have an official payperview(listen) broadcast for a few bucks, she'd have a few nice pairs of shoes, glasses, whatever (but I guess it's more complicated given venue's rights).