Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for New Orleans, LA 14/11/2017

I suppose "Dātura" would be a programmed effort in collaboration with Keith. It would be a huge disappointment if she decided to play along to a backing track and sing to it. Other than a few sections of the song, though, I wouldn't know how else she'd be able to pull this off by herself. It certainly would be interesting to hear a solo take on the entire song with the first part performed on piano and the second part on the Nord. While technically not impossible, it seems rather difficult either way. Who knows, maybe she's had it together for New Orleans for much longer than we'd like to think. It's not unlikely that this is the case, so we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I can't really think of a song I'd rather hear less than the full Datura, tbh. While I appreciate the experimental nature of the song, there's not much to it lyrically or emotionally, and I think live it would be meandering.
    Yeah, I don’t know how that would work. It’s a repetitive piano line with her naming flowers and occasionally yelling “Get outta mah gahden!” I love the studio version (I love all her experimental improv-style long songs in the studio) but there’s not much to do with it live.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    I can't really think of a song I'd rather hear less than the full Datura, tbh. While I appreciate the experimental nature of the song, there's not much to it lyrically or emotionally, and I think live it would be meandering.
    How about another 12-minute ASF?

But I agree. MAAAAAAYBE if it was with the band. Maybe. Though still no. But hey, Bingo cards.

It would almost certainly involve a backing track of some sort, too, which makes me want to hear it even less.

I’d love to hear the “Dividing Canaan” part as an outro to something but that’s about it.
    -time moves both ways-

When she did the "room in my heart" part mashed up with Take To The Sky, that was perfect, and that's as much of Datura as I'd ever want live.

Cross-posting this from MTF, but I'd love to hear In The Springtime of His Voodoo Rookery mix. I think it'd be perfect for this tour.

Was anyone here at the meet and greet today? I saw someone on Instagram say "Tori couldn't speak" at the meet and greet.

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    Was anyone here at the meet and greet today? I saw someone on Instagram say "Tori couldn't speak" at the meet and greet.
    Yup. She’s on vocal rest! So she just listened to everyone talk and gave hugs. A friend of mine was there.

^ Thanks, Kari! It's no wonder, with all of the back-to-back shows and promo she's been doing.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Maybe she’s resting her voice because she's debuting BANG!
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

I feel like the window of opportunity for Dātura live on its own has passed. The one time I think she really could have worked it into a set was a replacement for the Professional Widow remix during the second leg of Doll Posse as the intermission jam. Whether she’d return to finish the Dividing Canaan portion or just come back from the first half to do Big Wheel, I think that’s as good as it would have gotten.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Oh no! I hope she doesn't blow her voice out.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

my log has something to tell you NightHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Alan View Post
    Maybe she’s resting her voice because she's debuting BANG!
    Personally, I think Bang would've been a great opener, but iieeeee was a nice surprise

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar