Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Games You Are Awaiting

So bright it blinded me... RecoveringXian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercolorstain View Post
    ^i've never really played the original ICO, how good was it?

The original ICO is a masterwork. I love it more than I rationally should. I have both ICO and SOTC for the PS2 and still play them on the PS3, but I will get the HD remakes as well. ICO is gorgeous. You must try it!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Matt. View Post
    I heard they were planning the next one to be an MMO which is as bad as not having a next installment at all!
    Actually I think it's worse because it will exist but no one will have any desire to play it.

I never have gotten even 1/3 of the way through Oblivion. I went all through the Black Hand quest and it was a lot of fun until I realized that I spent like 4 solid days on it and I got nowhere in the story. I love the gameplay but I actually wish it was ever-so-slightly more linear because the endless possibilities actually put me off from playing. At least they could give you a broad time limit so you just don't sit around doing nothing for 120 hours of gameplay, it would be motivating. They could make it so that the gates will stay open forever if you don't close them within 3 or 4 years or something (Allows you do mess around but motivates you do go after the main story).

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I actually really like the animation on this. Kind of a cross between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I'm bummed it was pushed back to 2011 though.

And I have to second the ICO love. The ICO/SOTC combo makes me really wish I had a PS3.

^ Oooh I forgot about that one.

I'm not too bummed out about the art style but I don't think it's that amazing or innovative (It's basically a middle ground between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess). I suppose I would have been even more disappointed if it just ended up looking exactly like Twilight Princess.

I'm guessing the lack of detailed textures and realism will mean that we get some really awesome battle effects and maybe longer gameplay. I remember the first time I saw windwaker I thought the battle effects were actually more interesting than Twilight Princess.

Dragon Age II

Click>> << Click

Dragon Age II is supposed to be at least 5 times as large as its predecessor.

DA2? They've must have started working on that before the original DA was finished!

It was a planned trilogy.

!!!

RPGs

Interesting, and I'm sure a lot will change within a year:

And

I am not going to buy Starcraft 2, because I know that I will become addicted and have no life if I do.

In the garden of your mind. Tellurium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pan View Post
    I'm so disappointed in the new Kirby game... Epic Yarn should be renamed Epic FAIL. The art direction looks interesting but I was expecting something a litte more 3Dish
    I just don't get why they decided to drop his awesome signature eat/copy power in favour of... yarn to whip around.

Yeeeaaaah... I'm just not following.

That said, there's some fun-looking stuff happening in the trailer. I'll give it a go. But I think I still secretly prefer 2D platformers to 3D in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Interesting, and I'm sure a lot will change within a year:

This game's produced by a studio owned by Curt Schilling (the Red Sox). They're in the local news a lot right now because they've just been given a $75 million loan to move their studios down to Rhode Island from Massachusetts (if they don't bring in the number of jobs they claim they will they'll get slapped with fines). Jesus, I hope this game is a success.

We shall see. It looks very bare bones (at least I hope it is, for now). Very unpolished. But it does look promising, in a very generic kind of way

Pokemon Black and White!

One of the new Pokemon looks like a fetus!

I... believe I may actually be looking forward to Two Worlds II!