Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Nashville, TN 12/11/2017

imagine a future and be in it emanate's Avatar
    I fell asleep before this show even started. I'm listening to one of the Periscope streams right now and it's so lovely. The Fake Muse section is my favorite one of the tour so far.

Love that Flicker.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the new prosecutor View Post
    ENCORE - There was clearly some kind of malfunction with the backing track at first. She tapped her head a number of times, but nothing came on. She bowed her head for a while, but still nothing. So she launched into TTTS, BECAUSE TORI AMOS IS A PROFESSIONAL, Y'ALL. It was upbeat and well done, and beats the hell out of a Tori-oke song. I haven't seen the paper setlist, but judging by the black and white lighting they used as she came out, I assume it was supposed to be PT? Then to close out the show, she played Raspberry Swirl. In a church. At a show she had dedicated to her mother. Yep.
    ASF was indeed on the written set instead of TTTS. That's interesting that the backing track didn't work - I'd say it was a win-win for everyone lol

Best Tori show I've ever been to!

The acoustics in the Ryman were perfect for Tori and her Nord and piano sounded so fucking good last night!
    The energy was high and Tori was very engaging and interactive with the audience.
    The song selection was out of this world! I really loved Climb, We Don't Need Another Hero, Flicker (who knew I'd come around to liking it!?), Sister Janet, Fast Horse, and even the weird synthy version of Mother Revolution!

I never expected Tori to still be able to top the shows I've seen in the past, but she did last night. And she didn't even do Raining Blood, which didn't matter, because last night was spiritual for real.

Resting up and heading to NOLA in the morning for show #3 of 6.

I'm glad you had a really great show, @toriMODE!

I like the new Mother Revolution a lot. REALLY LIKE.
    I will be safe in my frame.

Anyone has any recordings? (Especially Fast Horse) Periscope doesn't work for me anymore, and still only a few videos on YT.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Flicker gave me goose flesh! Damn!
    I was feeling it.
    Most importantly she and the audience were feeling it. That's a moment.

Of all the sets this is the one I am most jealous of/wish I could have seen it in person. So far.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

Full audio is on yt

Flicker is her fucking best performance of this tour, I am mind blown.
    Last edited by Rabih; 11-14-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Pink Hair Don't Care
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    This is a beautiful show, but people REALLY need to shut up.
    Yep. That crowd was ROWDY.

I was at the show, I've listened to bootlegs, and I'm STILL not entirely sure what she says when she does her hello/intro, beyond talking about Mother Mary and winking. Anyone care to transcribe for an old, deaf-from-too-many-concerts lady?

The show was fantastic - not an emotional connection-type show for me but an ENERGY show. Worth the trip. Wish I could go to more!

-insert relevant Tori quote here-

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    This is a beautiful show, but people REALLY need to shut up.
    Holy shit, you weren't kidding. I'm grinding my teeth during Sister Janet.

I was there and I will add on to the pile of wishing the crowd would have shut the fuck up. I was happy to hear some people sshh-ing a lady who yelled out towards the end of climb during a quiet part.

It's interesteing to see the positive feedback in the thread. I didn't seem to connect with anything that night; I'd had a personally/emotionally rough week preceding the show and wasn't sure how I'd respond. I figured I'd be a blubbering mess, but it just kind of happened in front of me. I got a chuckle several times wondering what the responses were on here from several of the songs though.

I found it interesting the merch line was fucking huge before the show and built up quickly again after the show. I've seen her several times at the Ryman, and I can say with certainty the line for the UG tour was not this long for so long.

Nobody near me gets away with talking through songs. I turn round and glare at them and if that doesn´t work I ssssh them and if that still doesn´t work I tell them to shut the fuck up because I paid good money to listen to Tori and not them.

There were two girls next to me at The Light Princess and one of them barely stopped talking all through the first half. After I´d had words with her trust me she didn´t say a word during the second half.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternLad View Post
    Nobody near me gets away with talking through songs. I turn round and glare at them and if that doesn´t work I ssssh them and if that still doesn´t work I tell them to shut the fuck up because I paid good money to listen to Tori and not them.

There were two girls next to me at The Light Princess and one of them barely stopped talking all through the first half. After I´d had words with her trust me she didn´t say a word during the second half.
    Good for you!

damn! that was a great show! the punch of mother revolution into fast horse -- what an ending!!

Even after seeing the WTF NOLA show, I think this is my favorite show STILL, of all time.