Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for New York, NY 08/11/2017 [Night 2]

Setlist and Reviews for New York, NY 08/11/2017 [Night 2]

This topic is solely dedicated to the setlist and freakout for second Tori show at the Beacon Theatre in New York, NY.

Setlist

01. i i e e e
    02. Little Earthquakes
    03. Pancake
    04. Mr. Zebra
    05. Doughnut Song
    06. Darkest Hour
    07. Sister Janet
    08. Leather

Fake Muse Network
    09. Someone Saved My Life Tonight [Elton John cover]
    10. Famous Blue Raincoat [Leonard Cohen cover]

11. Reindeer King
    12. Girl
    13. Beauty Queen/Horses
    14. Winter

Encore
    15. Precious Things
    16. Raspberry Swirl

Now open for discussion!

Wills: Graveyard & Girl
    Wants: Selkie & Spring Haze
    Last edited by toriMODE; 11-08-2017 at 02:35 PM.

he's our commander still stuper venus's Avatar
    She'll be doing Facebook live before the show!

6 p.m. eastern

Fingers crossed for an "oh I forgot Pele last night" set and not an "oh I forgot The Beekeeper last night" one.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Between last night's election results and today being the 1-year anniversary of such a terrible night, I can't imagine there won't be a shit ton of political songs tonight. I hope for the sake of y'all it's of the Scarlet variety and not Yo George.

Once more with feeling, y’all?
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

When has she been going on? I'm trying to figure out what time to get there by.

I'm a little worried about what I read about last night's show. There have been so many beautiful setlists on this tour, but last night looked a little rough. Admittedly, there are some songs that I know a lot of people love that I just don't gravitate towards (I have never really liked "Bells for Her," for example, and it puts me to sleep when she plays it live).

Last night was almost exactly at 9 for Tori. Don't think opener went on right at 8, maybe 8:05-8:10.

I don't think tonight will have much to do with last night. She got some snoozers out of the way so tonight she'll bring the election-anniversary thunder!

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeptheclock View Post

I'm a little worried about what I read about last night's show. There have been so many beautiful setlists on this tour, but last night looked a little rough. Admittedly, there are some songs that I know a lot of people love that I just don't gravitate towards (I have never really liked "Bells for Her," for example, and it puts me to sleep when she plays it live).
    But if last night's setlist made you nervous, tonight's *should* be better. I mean, it's possible it'll be a terrible song mess, but she doesn't do two shows that are generally considered meh in a row. She's only going to do iieee and Reindeer King for sure twice in a row, probably asf too. It's very unlikely anything else would be played again, so consider those all bullets dodged and hope that if that it's not full of songs you adore, that at least it's great performances of them.

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    Excited to see you all again!

putting out some good energy into the world for the emergence of any of the following:
    blood roses, father lucifer, siren, take me with you, butterfly, black swan...

if I type it maybe it'll happen, right?

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    As for tonight, I just looked at my Tori set database and I haven't seen a full album so I have a weird hope that I could complete Little Earthquakes with Happy Phantom and Me and a Gun. I know she hardly ever plays it but I had a feeling it was gonna come last night, but if it didn't it probably won't tonight.

What I want: Mother, Liquid Diamonds, Floating City, Space Dog
    What I'm calling: Cooling, Amsterdam, Spark, Sweet Dreams

And it's really time she tried a few more songs from the new album - COME ON BANG! COME ON WILDWOOD! Even Bats would be cute!
    Last edited by andy; 11-08-2017 at 07:02 PM.

It's funny; right before Boston (which was almost a perfect set for me) I was saying that I'd love to hear Climb more than anything else off NI because it finally started resonating with me throughout that week. Enjoyed it at Philly. New Age isn't my bag, and I commented to my friend I'd love to hear Time or Real Men if she's going SLG for the covers. Real Men pops up last night perfectly. So I'm putting it out here that I'd still like Time for a cover, but also that I really really miss Not the Red Baron. Would also accept Marianne.

Here's hoping some music god or another takes note and gives us NTRB tonight or in Durham.