Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for New York, NY 08/11/2017 [Night 2]

^^ the past few hours... not the most productive work day... is it 9 yet????!

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    watching FB live!
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    She mentioned Sister Janet and how it's been coming out a lot, so I bet she'll play it tonight.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Yea, I think it's on the set tonight for sure.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

I’d really love to see Noah do a full 45 minutes - hour with Tori. She seems so at ease with him. The trouble with that is the interview flies by because she’s talking, talking, talking and he gets like three questions in. I loved her answer about playing emotionally challenging songs, and the fact that once an album is finished she steps out of that space. I think she hinted at that years ago, about how once it’s done she doesn’t really revisit that time again.

OK this interview before the show is actually amazing. I think its putting a lot of things in her head she doesn't necessarily know or remember about her fans....

I think we are going to get a much more “angrier” (although I don’t feel angry is the right word...maybe aggressive Tori than last night’s show. Heavy Pele / Scarlet / Choirgirl era. Today marks the one year anniversary of you-know-who in the WH and I am sure that will be heavy on her mind, as well as the many victories of the Democratic Party that occurred yesterday. I believe “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” will appear during Fake Muse.

My want is the same as it always is: “Here. In My Head” I’ve never heard it live, which is unforgivable. LOL

And, of course, I am still hoping someone will put a bug in Tori’s ear about a “Wings / Die 4 U (Perfume Genius)” mash-up. I’d really love to see that happen at some point.

Heading out a little later tonight. I was one of the first ones there last night and it just wasn’t necessary. Everyone enjoy!
    Last edited by SweetSaliva; 11-08-2017 at 11:09 PM.

We’ll see how brave you are DanielleM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottslean View Post
    OK this interview before the show is actually amazing. I think its putting a lot of things in her head she doesn't necessarily know or remember about her fans....
    She and Noah are very good friends from way back. She tends to need reminding on some things. . She didn’t even realize she had never played the pool lol.

Yay heading out for night 2. Remembering again that I need lots of other things in life more than I need a YKTR t-shirt. And yes please Sister Janet.

Why do people keep mentioning You Can't Always Get What You Want? Has she mentioned working on this song or something?

Let's pray for Dark Side of the Sun and Teenage Hustling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Why do people keep mentioning You Can't Always Get What You Want? Has she mentioned working on this song or something?
    Oh God no no no no no.

Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    Let's pray for Dark Side of the Sun and Teenage Hustling.
    I would be in tears if she did them both. I'd take Teenage Hustling alone even if she did Beekeeper for the rest of the show.

I'd go vomit in the restroom if she did Teenage Hustling. I hate hate hate that song.

I'm so upset I have to miss this show--in way too much pain to travel. So I'm sure it's going to be an amazing show haha