Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

-Spitting. I hate it when people spit. HATE.
    -Slow walkers (yes, I know some people are disabled etc etc, but I'm a bitch and will still be irritated during rush hour. So sue me.)

Spitters are the absolute worst. I hate when I walk past a group of kids gobbing on the ground and they don't stop while I pass. Bad enough that you walk about spitting, guys, now you're spitting on me?

BAN HOODIES AND GET OFF MY LAWN.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Custard View Post
    I used to be really funny about foods touching each other. But now? Some of you should never ever see me eating. My ultimate comfort foods generally involve everything on my plate getting along quite intimately.
    I'm the same way. I like to mix it up.

Spitting drives me absolutely insane as well, but my biggest pet peeve is loud cellphone conversations in public. Particularly in a small, enclosed area like an elevator or the bus. Everyone is forced to listen to what you have to say and trust me, none of us care in the slightest. Cellphones have created an environment where people not only feel that what they have to say is important, but that it can't wait 15-20 minutes until they're in a more private area.

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE when i'm merging onto the highway, and some dickwad behind me that's also merging thinks it's okay to pass me on the right so he can get up further when the LANE IS ABOUT TO END ANYWAY, EINSTEIN. I purposely stay in the middle so if i see someone behind me inching up about to do that, there's no room and they have to just merge in line like the rest of us.

Driving under the speed limit. Read the sign, grandma. It says 55 not 40, 45 or 30! And don't look at me like I'm a dick for passing you.
    This always happens when I go to visit my mom. Ugh.

When someone touches my belly button.

When cars slow down and turn before you, but never turn on their signal.

When riding the subway, you're supposed to let people off the car and then get on. It makes sense, because then there's room in the car. It's polite.

I hate when people push their way on while people are still getting off.

I also hate when people stand in the doorway and don't move for the people trying to get on and off.

Eating food on the subway? Meh. Eating smelly food on the subway? BLECH!

Clipping your nails on the subway? Screw you, you animal!

Oh my god, nail clipping on the bus drives me NUTS. It is so LOUD to me. Another one of those things where you wonder just why it couldn't wait until someone got home. Right then, RIGHT THEN is when you just HAVE to clip your nails?

The buses I take are frequented by old people who are pros with the bus. Pros as in they ride even more than I do. On the way home from work, I'm near the beginning of the line for the main bus that I take. So, basically, even when that stop is crowded we will all get a seat on the bus. But the amount of pushing/shoving that takes place to get on is amazing to me. People will line up, cut in front of you, push you out of the way to board, and -if someone is unlucky enough to want to get OFF the bus at that stop- steamroll over other passengers in their mad dash to get to a seat.

It's kind of turned me into a person who loathes elderly people, particularly (and this is not PC of me, but it's the truth) older bag ladies who will bring on 4-5 trash bags full of cans and bottles that they've scavenged from trash cans. Then you're pushed out of the way in the seat-dash by an old lady who smells like garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    -Slow walkers (yes, I know some people are disabled etc etc, but I'm a bitch and will still be irritated during rush hour. So sue me.)
    Slow walkers drive me crazy too. I also get irritated when I'm walking on the Seawall footpath, and people on bikes and rollerblades blatantly ignore the signs for their paths and come close to mowing me down because they don't use the path for blades/bikes. Oh, and then they give me dirty looks for not moving. Screw you, I'm not on your path.
    Last edited by sara; 06-29-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: mega typo

Oh, Ed, i was just thinking about that yesterday! i was getting off the elevator and some guy barged right on in and almost knocked me over. I was like, wait, isn't elevator etiquette that you wait for the people to disembarge and then make your way in? Yeah.

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    Oh I was going to mention nail clipping and other "grooming" (scoriasis picking, head smelling etc etc) but I thought I might have been crossing the line from pet peeve to common fucking decency. Like the guy who touches every seat, where every head rests and the proceeds to sit down and eat raunch ass-reek-of-vinegar buffalo wings and then SUCK ON HIS FINGERS and then touch every seat on his way out. I hate you guy. Especially during rush hour.

ETA:
    Feet on the seat
    Bags and other shit on the seat to prevent people from sitting down

Quote Originally Posted by Frangipani View Post
    Oh I was going to mention nail clipping and other "grooming" (scoriasis picking, head smelling etc etc) but I thought I might have been crossing the line from pet peeve to common fucking decency. Like the guy who touches every seat, where every head rests and the proceeds to sit down and eat raunch ass-reek-of-vinegar buffalo wings and then SUCK ON HIS FINGERS and then touch every seat on his way out. I hate you guy. Especially during rush hour.

ETA:
    Feet on the seat
    Bags and other shit on the seat to prevent people from sitting down
    UGH UGH UGH GROSS. People are so nast.

Did you guys read the Gawker article about the grossest things people have ever seen on the subway? It's a great read, but make sure you haven't eaten anything beforehand.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    When people get on the train but huddle together in the entrance because they are too scared to sit next to anyone in the train. Thus restricting access to the train for people yet to get on. Just sit next to someone for the two minutes it takes!!

Also slow walkers. And people who cut across.

Oh, and also? on the escalator/stairs - you stand on the right and pass on the left. THIS IS NOT HARD PEOPLE.

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pan View Post
    people from Boston pronouncing Splenda as "splender" as if all of a sudden now they have the ability to pronounce their "r's" even though it's not needed in this case.
    I have no idear what you're talking about, Pete!
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.