Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    UGH UGH UGH GROSS. People are so nast.

Did you guys read the Gawker article about the grossest things people have ever seen on the subway? It's a great read, but make sure you haven't eaten anything beforehand.
    Ew. I dont even think I want to know.

good thread - i love that i have time to read the forum now!!

agree with lots here must add another traffic pet peeve:

* those that rush, cut you off, tailgait you...only to get to a red light.
    not worth risking death or accidents that will just slow us down more dumbtards.

oooh. that is another one. not smart people!!

but i guess we are all that in our own way and i am sure there is something i do that will be someone else's pet peeve.
    "this way, that way, i am of two minds" -sappho
    http://classicpersuasion.org/pw/sappho/index.htm

One of my biggest pet peeves is when I'm trying to help someone with a computer problem and a big error message shows up and they INSTANTLY close it without even reading what the fuck it said and say "SEE! WHY IS IT NOT WORKING?!"

I don't fucking know, maybe if you read the message we could get a goddamned clue!

EDIT: My other big computer peeve is when someone tries to get me to help them over the phone or via I.M. and they act all indignant and pissed off when I don't know what they're talking about. Just so everyone knows, I'm not a fucking psychic. I can't see what's on your screen. You want to empathize? Walk into another room and tell me what's wrong with your computer from memory, not looking at the damned thing. It's not so easy when the machine isn't right in front of your face, is it?
    Last edited by SageBrushFire; 06-30-2010 at 05:45 AM.

Not coffee.

When people can't be bothered to take their empty shopping cart back to the return sections.

Oh, that reminds me of people who drive around and around a parking lot and then end up sitting and blocking everyone's way while they wait for someone to walk to their car and leave just so they can get a close spot. It's not THAT FAR to the door, give your fat ass some exercise!

ugh. the local y i go to has a very small parking lot with 3 handicap parking spots. i ALWAYS see non-handicap people pull in there and get out (and not for just a quick run-in-run-out. they pull up before my hour long class and are still there when i leave.) i haven't made it an issue with the front desk people but i'm getting to that point.

[]

Is it impossible to corral your kids on public transportation?

I spent the morning fending off two kids- first they were jumping on the bench, then they were screaming in my ear, then they came over and pulled my hair and tried to look through my purse.

Mom's just sitting there, watching them, not saying a damn word.

Quote Originally Posted by MumbletyPeg View Post
    Is it impossible to corral your kids on public transportation?

I spent the morning fending off two kids- first they were jumping on the bench, then they were screaming in my ear, then they came over and pulled my hair and tried to look through my purse.

Mom's just sitting there, watching them, not saying a damn word.
    This! Good lord, I would say this about almost any place where there are children! That's my biggest pet peeve is parents who let their kids do fuck all while in public (ie. restaurant, bus/train, store, doctor's office). I work in a Chiropractor's Office and a patient's kid once dumped water all over the floor and she didn't say a thing! She's lucky it was just water! >_<
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    ^
    Yeah. I went for a walk at work today and passed a minivan that had no fewer than five children in it. The back was wide open and two of the kids were wrestling. No adults in sight; they were inside at an appointment, and left all the children around the van, unattended. But if one of those kids had gotten hurt, you can bet it somehow would have been the hospital's fault.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

Failure to properly merge into traffic.

I've come to the conclusion that Georgians and South Carolinians have no fucking clue how to merge into traffic on an Interstate, nor do they have any idea as to how to let someone else merge into traffic.

IT'S LIKE A FUCKING ZIPPER, PEOPLE.

It's not just South Carolinians and Georgians, Jay. People everywhere are too idiotic to merge.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    my biggest pet peeve is when I'm trying to help a customer and they're on their fucking cell-phone! Come the fuck on, it can't be that important.

^ I "love" when I get the "hold on a second" finger... I'm sorry, you came into MY place of business and you have a scheduled appointment. Can't you at least call them back? Or the people that accompany my patients into the office, sit in my waiting room, and talk, LOUDLY, on their cell phones! ARGH!
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

Cell phones conveniently don't work in most areas of our hospital. And it's not by accident.