Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cambridge Analytica - the dark money-go-round. (Trump, Brexit, etc.)

You reckon?

My question: how long before Chris Wylie throws himself out a window or down a flight of stairs?

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete! View Post
    You reckon?
    I do. I think part of his shtick was to be a breath of fresh air post-Trump. All that folksy charming (retch-inducing) stuff he would do to appeal to people. And he's tarnished now. People might not understand it entirely, but enough people get enough of it that he's toast. Like they will have a weird disconnect where they'll blame him for election interference while at the same time think the election was legit.

Trump never pretended to be a normal guy with his gold toilets. Zuck is trying so hard that this just makes him look like the dilettante that he is.

I mean, I could be totally wrong. And it's moot if there is some sort of crackdown and he goes to jail (hahaha yeah right). But his clean slate is tarnished and while TRUMP never had a clean one, I think that isn't something that is going to be ok with most candidates. Roy Moore lost, for example. Plus if he's running as a Democrat, we're not going to take it. We're not as gullible as the GOP voters.

Fair enough. From my point of view, I wouldn't bet on anything with regards US Presidential elections for the next two decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete! View Post
    Fair enough. From my point of view, I wouldn't bet on anything with regards US Presidential elections for the next two decades.
    I'd bet on Zuck being toast, but not a LOT. Statistical anomalies still happen, however unlikely.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    How have these people not been beaten and dragged to prison yet?

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Facebook is garbage, Snapchat is garbage, Twitter is garbage.

Fuck all y'all. I'm going back to MySpace

So that's in about an hour. 3pm EDT.

Well. This was not what I was expecting (and there are no specifics as to whom they might have tried this on)

Starting now.

Steam here (not sure if that works if you don't have a UK IP).

Programme site: Revealed: Trump’s election consultants filmed saying they use bribes and sex workers to entrap politicians

I always watch C4 News if I'm in on an evening. Nothing else on UK TV even comes close to their coverage.
    Last edited by beanstew; 03-19-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Mr Nix told our reporter: “…we’re used to operating through different vehicles, in the shadows, and I look forward to building a very long-term and secretive relationship with you.”
    That is some James Bond villain shit. Who the fuck talks like that? Did this take place in their secret volcano lair?

Creepy as all hell...
    Last edited by Puddles; 03-19-2018 at 06:20 PM.

It’s also on YouTube. And holy shit.

We all knew it was going to be bad but this is deeply fucked up shit. I'm trying to keep up with '#c4news OR #CambridgeAnalytica OR #CambridgeAnalyticaUncovered' on Twitter. I think it's going to crash Tweetdeck.

Is that servers being fed into blenders I can hear?

“It’s no good fighting an election campaign on the facts because it’s all about emotion.”