Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who's Exciting Adventures in Time and Space

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar

Doctor Who's Exciting Adventures in Time and Space

So 2 episodes of season 5 (aka 31) to go. Is it going to be awesome? I think it's going to be awesome.
    Last edited by other pete; 06-15-2010 at 12:01 PM.

I approve of this thread! I also think it will be awesome. Even the dodgier parts of this season have been thoroughly watchable because of Matt Smith, who understands the Doctor in a fundamental way that Tennant never did, and Karen Gillen, who is simply brilliant and should be a companion for another few seasons yet.

So! Pandorica! All manner of gubbins. I'm really excited to see where this all goes, and then rewatch the whole lot on iPlayer and spot all the signposts and clues. Has anyone else noticed that the whole season is on iPlayer until the week after the finale airs? Good stuff!

I'm not quiet...I'm plotting. Abi's Avatar
    Finally watched 'The Lodger' on iPlayer. Silly thing hadn't updated on Virgin on Demand and I missed it Saturday AND Sunday's repeat. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, actually. Mainly due to Matt Smith being outrageously loveable. I want one.

My theory re: what's in the Pandorica -

And Matt Smith in a towel! Phwoar, right, lads.

Theories!

Last edited by Pete!; 06-15-2010 at 12:40 PM.

I'm not quiet...I'm plotting. Abi's Avatar
    Am I going nuts or does your spoiler in response to Andrew's just delete stuff?

omg, it's the crack.

Abi, tell me about my post. My fantastic, funny, gorgeous post. Listen to me, do exactly as I say! Keep concentrating, we can still save its memory. Don't let anything distract you - my post still lives in your mind.

It's doing something weird! Halp, I broke Unforumz!

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Am I going nuts or does your spoiler in response to Andrew's just delete stuff?
    Just what I was thinking... Is Classic Pete being profound about the nature of causality as reflected through the pandorica, or has he put his HTML tags the wrong way round?

My advice for the time being is don't use more than one set of spoiler tags in the same post!

THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT Stumpy's Avatar
    I can't believe you broke it. IT'S BRAND NEW.

Christopher Ecclestone finally breaks the five year silence about why he left:.

"I was open-minded but I decided after my experience on the first series that I didn't want to do any more," he said.
    "I didn't enjoy the environment and the culture that we, the cast and crew, had to work in.
    Oooh! Will this open the floodgates for responses, chiefly from Davies and Piper?
    Last edited by other pete; 06-15-2010 at 01:05 PM.

This has been hinted at before from other people involved. Barrowman has said he preferred working with Tennant because Eccleston wasn't nearly as social and wouldn't go to the pub with them or whatever. Boo hoo.

I also wonder if he's hinting at fan drama. I don't know about series 1, but there's now a very visible and strong fan presence wherever they're filming, and I imagine it must be very stressful.

I can also imagine RTD getting a bit...heated.

I always think it's a shame Nine was so shortlived. He was far more interesting and exciting than Ten. Sometimes you need a Time Lord to be a double'ard bastard who'll chin a monster first, ask questions later.

I think it'd be nice if Ecclestone did a few audio seasons (either prior to 'Rose' or set within series 1). It's a different set of people behind them, so the tension might not be there.

I don't care about Tennant doing audios in the near future though, I think his tenure finished just when it needed to.