Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who's Exciting Adventures in Time and Space

There's been a lot of spec about that regarding the idea of reboots, of Eleven being One with a perception filter, of the Lodger TARDIS being an earlier Doctor's TARDIS, etc.

I think the threat could be the Doctor being erased from time, and it's just a way of reminding newer viewers that they won't be erasing Eleven, they'll be erasing ALL regenerations. And I think it's a way for them to tie everything back to the classic series more than in the RTD era. But there's definitely a reason for it - it's not coincidence that four different writers would include appearances by past Doctors, they were obviously briefed to do so or it was added in later.

weeaboo artshag unicron insanitykun's Avatar
    Really, this is probably leading up to the ~Eleven Doctors~. LET'S SEE IF BAKER CAN SQUEEZE BACK INTO THAT WAISTCOAT.
    TEN YARDS. tumblr.//etsy. PHOTO. sam branman

^TOM'S PUTTING IT IN NOW

I do like the idea of the crack erasing the Ten years, particularly. And the Lodger TARDIS was definitely a Time Lord TARDIS, wasn't it? Control room was about right. And we never did see who the upstairs neighbour was. A later Doctor? Valeyard? Would tie up with the Dream Lord stuff.

Perception filters have been everywhere, but I don't think the Doctor's got one for himself. What would be the point? He's recognised by all the baddies anyway, and it's not like he needs to appear young and sprightly.

IT IS SO EXCITING I WANT TO WATCH IT NOW

weeaboo artshag unicron insanitykun's Avatar
    I MEANT COLIN, because he's very fat now. I wonder how the Lodger TARDIS escaped from the Time War. Doing away with Gallifrey was dumb anyway, because it has so much story potential.

OH AND, The Lodger TARDIS was damaged and trying to repair itself and find a new pilot, much like the Doctor's TARDIS is going to get blowed up and River Song is probably going to kill him. "Kill". It may just have headed back to a previous location it figured it would be safe.
    TEN YARDS. tumblr.//etsy. PHOTO. sam branman

Quote Originally Posted by Pete! View Post
    Perception filters have been everywhere, but I don't think the Doctor's got one for himself. What would be the point? He's recognised by all the baddies anyway, and it's not like he needs to appear young and sprightly.
    Yeah, doesn't work for me either. BUT I can buy the idea that future!Doctor/jacket!Doctor has been in more episodes than we realise, but we haven't seen him because he's been using a perception filter.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Saw this submission on Threadless today: Bow Ties Are Cool:

I don't like the design, but I love that quote.

Saw a nice theory elsewhere that ties into ideas I've had about the finale. So people are being erased from time and it's important that Amy remembers what the Doctor said to her when she was 7. Rory could still exist in her mind if she remembers him. And I'm thinking that the Doctor will traverse the cracks or be erased by the Pandorica, meaning he'll need someone to 'anchor' him in existence by remembering him. And who better to do this than a girl who has spent her whole life chasing the myth of the Doctor, recreating him through dolls and drawings and playing dress-up with her friend? Someone so obsessed with the raggedy Doctor that her entire village seem to know who he is and "remember" him? The Angels episode in particular mentioned images becoming real through the beholder, and the queen fish vampire told the Doctor to remember her people - to dream of them. The power of memory and facsimile has been all through this series.

WELL COP THIS - the series began with Amelia thanking Santa for the dolls, the pencils, and the fish. I.e., the materials necessary to recreate the image of the Doctor, and the food he'd later crave during his post-regenerative crisis. Except she's orphaned and her aunt doesn't seem particularly involved in her upbringing. And, well, the Doctor's been Santa before...

I'd love it if this series ended with the Doctor secretly arriving back at Amelia's house before the start of The Eleventh Hour to leave those presents for her. Ooh, or he could do it at the end of the Christmas special!

BTW, the bird song used in Amy's Choice to signify the shift between dream worlds has cropped up throughout the series, apparently. And dreams are still being mentioned every week. I wonder if Amy will wake up and Rory will be in the shower?

Apparently someone in the who thread on a gay social networking site I'm on has actually proposed the correct theory for the ending. People who work on the show are on the site too. Thus I'm avoiding the thread entirely just in case.

Speculation is great until someone tells you that someone has it right. Then it gets irksome.

THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT Stumpy's Avatar
    Holy. Fuck.

HOLY FLURKING SHNIT.

Everyone was on top form tonight. Top marks go to Arthur Darvill and Matt Smith though, both of them getting hysterical at the end was gut-wrenching stuff.

Gut-wrenching is right. Fucking hell, that was amazing. I don't want to have to wait a whole week for this.

Also, I hope Davies is right now kicking a chair out from underneath himself and will be found dangling in time for a grossly inappropriate headline on The News Of The World.

BTW, Rory into Auton!Rory is the new Fred into Illyria, amirite. Same last words, even!

Amy has to come back. If all of this series 6 talk re: Gillan has been a big cover-up then there will be HELL TOUPEE.

That was brilliantly handled so far. A friend who hasn't seen any of this series was watching with me and she freaked out when all the Romans dropped. "scariest flash mob ever" were her exact words.

Obv it was a better episode for those who've seen the series.

Damn. What a payoff. Has nearly everything from the series so far been referenced? The "Amy' Choice" episode holds clues to the resolution maybe? Just speculating what with the "false" reality situation and whatnot.

Autons who firmly believe in their truth = amazing gut wrenching stuff.

Well, Amy's Choice had the dead TARDIS scenario and foreshadowed the TARDIS blowing up. This episode also mentioned dreams again - Rory said that it was "as if everything had been a dream." And we've been told that perception filters can "distort your memories." So perhaps Amelia DOES have an adventure with the Doctor, and the clip we saw of her waiting and then hearing the TARDIS wasn't a dream - she just thinks it was?

"oh doctor, why do i let you out?"

I loved how the whole series seems to have been referenced, and Amy's part near the end got a huge loud gasp from me. Part of me thinks I should have waited for next week though.