Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Road to the 2018 Academy Awards

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    I made the mistake of reading all of her short stories back to back. I moved from tropes to overkill.

(You can probably tell that I’m not opposed to dark southern gothic though!)

Spyk, great post about The Florida Project. Yes, goddamn it, Bria SHOULD have been nominated, although don’t ask me who I would have left out. It was her first acting EVER, and she pulled off something that veterans struggle to do: she was able to piss you off and pulverize your heart, often in the same scene. And she found truth and empathy without softpedaling the character’s darkness. I guess kinda like McDormand and Rockwell in 3B in that respect. And, of course, Brooklynn Prince was so great too. Yeah, that film gets Screwed By Oscar for this year.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Florida Project is now available on iTunes. I will report back with my findings.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perky Compson View Post
    Florida Project is now available on iTunes. I will report back with my findings.
    Please do. I did some reading about this film and it sounds interesting.

I’m using Kala’s spoiler to inform a spoiler that she shouldn’t read yet. Sorry, K. This spoiler shouldn’t be read by people who haven’t seen the movie.

At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

I loved The Florida Project. Watched it last night and it really stuck with me.

Last edited by MikeEP; 03-15-2018 at 01:24 AM.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Spyk, great post about The Florida Project. Yes, goddamn it, Bria SHOULD have been nominated, although don’t ask me who I would have left out. It was her first acting EVER, and she pulled off something that veterans struggle to do: she was able to piss you off and pulverize your heart, often in the same scene. And she found truth and empathy without softpedaling the character’s darkness. I guess kinda like McDormand and Rockwell in 3B in that respect. And, of course, Brooklynn Prince was so great too. Yeah, that film gets Screwed By Oscar for this year.
    Her performance was the best of 2017/2018.
    I can't wait to see what Sean does next. I think the next picture will probably make Tangerine and The Florida Project part of a trilogy. Another film about those on the fringe, making it work, hustling to just make it through another day.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

Finally saw Pixar's COCO, and now I understand why it won the Oscar for best song over "This Is Me." Phenomenal film, and the special features with the research the Pixar team did and all the care they put into this were just as enjoyable.