Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your 2017 in Review: 17 Questions

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    01. Who is the person you admired most in 2017?
    Hillary. She held her head high and had much more restraint that I would have shown.

03. Where is your favorite place you visited or traveled to in 2017?
    NYC

04. When did you stand up and cheer in 2017?
    When John McCain cast the last vote against ACA repeal.

06. Favorite meme of 2017? (Pic please!)
    That alt-right/nazi getting punched in the face.

08. What news story got you right in the feels in 2017? (Link please!)
    I'm dead on the inside, so I can't remember any

09. Favorite noms of 2017? (snack, meal, restaurant)
    I'm turning into Ben Wyatt. My local grocery store has amazing calzones and I can't stop eating them.

10. What expletive did you enjoy saying the most in 2017?
    Fuck. The perennial winner.

11. Favorite adult beverage of 2017?
    Frozen mango margarita

12. What great new snack did you discover this year?
    I never had Red Vines before. They weren't really locally available and I finally found some. I prefer Twizzlers, but they're good too.

13. Favorite guilty pleasure of 2017?
    It was The Chew, but even though Mario is gone, I just can't watch it right now. I hope to be back in 2018.

I skipped a lot of the questions not because they weren't great, but because I can't remember what happened when.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    01. Who is the person you admired most in 2017? Serena Williams - for winning an Grand Slam while being pregnant, standing up to the haters and tennis elite like a pro, for her TED talk, for her fashions and fashion line.. and for showing age ain't nothing but a number! She'll be winning slams into her 50s

02. When did you sincerely say to yourself, “I’m fuckin’ awesome!” in 2017? Being a part of Jeffersonville, Indiana pride/festival/and parade. And also competing in the Firecracker 3.5 singles tennis event in my county. I didn't win but I was close.

03. Where is your favorite place you visited or traveled to in 2017? Hopkinsville, Ky for the ECLIPSE

04. When did you stand up and cheer in 2017? I just remember being so cheerful during the Women's March.. I cheered on my friend Maggie who organized transportation from Louisville to DC. And for her saying for weeks "I have to be there. I will be there. I don't care. (as in.. fuck u Trump)"

05. How did you improve something in 2017? (It can be something about you, your family, community, or the world in general) A couple things: in April we had a flood that wiped out a huge portion of our town.
    It was a historic flood that had never been seen here before. A weather system literally sat over our city and dumped torrential rain for four hours. It was a matter of survival to help people out of the floods and a matter of endurance for the clean up afterwards. ALSO When my nephew was born in July with a rare disorder and things were touch and go.. and the community pitched in to help with medical costs, I really discovered how much and how far I'd push myself as almost a salesperson to get the word around.
    Also, protesting at Senator Young'

06. Favorite meme of 2017? (Pic please!)

07. Your favorite catch phrase of 2017? Good Lord Willin' and The Creek Don't Rise.

08. What news story got you right in the feels in 2017? The Women's March. It was amazing. I thought everyone had abandoned women including a lot of women. And to see women all over the country in their pink-knitted hats. I followed all the links many from this site to read about it, watch video about it. It made me feel like... there's hope.

09. Favorite noms of 2017? (snack, meal, restaurant) roasting root vegetables at 425 degrees - my aunt and uncles seafood restaurant . S&J's.. Shrimp Scampi

10. What expletive did you enjoy saying the most in 2017? Bitch. Seems hypocritical with all my love for The Women's march. Oh well.

11. Favorite adult beverage of 2017? Just plain ole Pinot Grigio, baby.

12. What great new snack did you discover this year? Salted Caramel Bars. The only good Walmart brand Ice Cream - Chocolate with Peanut Butter Fudge

13. Favorite guilty pleasure of 2017? Real Housewives of NYC. Dorinda Medley is my spirit animal. And Valentina at PLAY. I think that is where the shit that hit the fan was shat at.

14. Favorite moment of nostalgia you experienced in 2017? Trips out to Lake Salinda this past spring with family that moved out to Norfolk. Also XSCAPE reuniting for The Great XSCAPE tour. I really never thought they'd get back together as a group. They did and it's been a wild ride. So happy for them because they were one of the best Girl Groups of the 90s to never get their due. And they more than got it this year.

15. When did you comfort someone who needed it in 2017? When my grandfather passed away. Oct. 4th. We took shifts staying at the nursing home with him (he lived independently in his own house until weeks before his death) and I took the 10pm-5am shift. He refused to sleep. Refused his pain medications. He was in constant need although there was no way that a nurse could be in there every time he needed it. I experienced a very spiritual moment with him at around 4 am which was included in the text of his eulogy. My cousin and later her dad took the next shift. He took his pain medication and passed away almost immediately. I look back on that day and night a lot. Sometimes I think he refused medicine or sleep just cause he knew he'd pass away. I don't know. I felt that he felt it was a great comfort not being alone on the last night of his life.

16. Who is someone that comforted you in 2017? My mother.

17. What’s the most beautiful thing you saw in 2017? Recently, my new boyfriend. :gush:
    Last edited by Volta; 12-25-2017 at 04:00 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.