Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Caton interview coming soon 😱

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    I have never listened to this podcast but now I must. Also I wouldn't worry too much about the LE set being a bit lacking... being her most famous album, there's already so much information on those songs over the last 25 years. So probably not a whole lot of unique trivia to add anymore. But I would totally listen to an expanded reboot, nevertheless.

Did this ever air? I'm late to the party....

^ Not yet. I’m pretty sure it’s being released to their Patreons first on 12/30. Not sure how soon after it will be released publicly.

ETA:

Last edited by MikeEP; 12-27-2017 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iieeef View Post
    Omg! That's so very kind! I still want to get you on our episode for It Might Hurt A bit Part II
    BUT yes we just released Mr Zebra for Christmas and now that tour is over we are planning to put out new episodes every other week!
    Eek! Will do! Going to listen to Zebra NOW!
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Ok so how did the show go? I am not yet a Patreon supporter but I'm dying to know what has surfaced in the interview.

I think three songs were revealed that were not on the actual YKTR record.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Just started listening to this podcast and I am so impressed by it. @iieeef you guys have done a great job!

my favorite part of the podcast episodes is when they do the retrospective of all the different live versions of the particular song. it's really cool to hear how a song like Father Lucifer or Bells For Her has evolved over the years.

I love interviews with musicians like this-I hope lots more fascinating things have been unearthed.....

Put a bird on it. SisterErnestine's Avatar
    Just listened to the Strange Fruit episode.

Wow. That was well researched and the interviews you had were really in depth. Thank you, @iieeef

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Is this the first time we're ever hearing The Lonely Parade?! My god, that's a terrible song... like, "We Built This City" terrible. Fun to hear. In places her voices sounds vaguely Siouxsie Sioux.

This podcast is SO GREAT! New Patreon patron here.

Edit#1: Looking for El Dorado is MUCH better than Lonely Parade. Not at all clear to me why it wouldn't have made the record.

El Dorado and Lonely Parade were on the demo cassette that leaked last year sometime (along with Trail Of Tears, I Don't Know How To Love You and (my personal favorite title in the Tori catalogue) Friends?. They're all... not great.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    For me, ALL of YKTR is not great. Except for COYI and FOTS, I really can't overlook the artifice, 80s cheese-whiz music cliches, and parfum de trying too hard that smells up the whole affair. Lonely Parade is much, much worse, though But El Dorado could be on the album! On initial impression I think I'm picking up hints of her future, more abstract songwriter self in it, more so than most if not all of the YKTR songs, which is kind of cool. Car Full of Boys should 100% have been on a Saved By The Bell episode, playing in the background at a school dance.

It's kind of mind blowing to consider the fact that Atlantic invested "multiple six figures" to support the creation of Little Earthquakes following YKTR. At some level, someone definitely believed she had real potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    El Dorado and Lonely Parade were on the demo cassette that leaked last year sometime (along with Trail Of Tears, I Don't Know How To Love You and (my personal favorite title in the Tori catalogue) Friends?. They're all... not great.
    I Dont Know How To Love Him from JCST??
    I must hear this!!!
    Oh I see. I Don't Know How to Love YOU. Damn.
    Got all excited for some Tori covering Mary M in Jesus Christ Superstar.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    For me, ALL of YKTR is not great. Except for COYI and FOTS, I really can't overlook the artifice, 80s cheese-whiz music cliches, and parfum de trying too hard that smells up the whole affair. Lonely Parade is much, much worse, though But El Dorado could be on the album! On initial impression I think I'm picking up hints of her future, more abstract songwriter self in it, more so than most if not all of the YKTR songs, which is kind of cool. Car Full of Boys should 100% have been on a Saved By The Bell episode, playing in the background at a school dance.

It's kind of mind blowing to consider the fact that Atlantic invested "multiple six figures" to support the creation of Little Earthquakes following YKTR. At some level, someone definitely believed she had real potential.
    I guess someone awesome had to make it from dire circumstances. But she's had a very long career and she's never gone without a major label next to her. That's really incredible to me. There are artists from the same era with songs that were bigger hits that haven't managed that.
    I think it's a prestige factor or something. I've said that before, I think. Having Tori on the roster is good for recruiting.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.