Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New album: Madame X (Released June 14, 2019)

I read in a Facebook group about Eurovision that Madoona will be performing with Maluma and a Brazilian singer called Anita. So if it's true, that Maluma collaboration will be on her album (unfortunately).
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

^ Word is that the collaboration with Maluma will be the first single from the project, which is allegedly called "Medellín" and is rumoured to be out this Wednesday.

She also completed her mission statement for this era, Madame X appears to be either an alter-ego or the title of the record (or both):

All of this reminds me of American Life for obvious reasons (which is great); I would also wager that each of the personas listed is related to a specific song on the record. Above all though, it's very refreshing to see her putting so much effort into this project, especially after the past decade of less inspired works.

Album is confirmed, Madame X!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwPcYnNh...=1wl312jxae6ge

This really looks incredible, can’t wait to see what she does with all of this. Bring on the record and tour!

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    I'm really looking forward to this; first Madonna album that I feel excited about in a while. There's definitely more thought going into this one, it seems.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Interesting for sure!

I'm a little nervous about the concept, but I love that she's doing something ambitious

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    I'm a little nervous about the concept, but I love that she's doing something ambitious
    It feels to me like she's taking on the archetypes of woman. I will be curious to see the execution. That little part before she repeats "I wasn't lost" feels very Pink Floyd. I know Rocco used to make her listen to Pink Floyd albums. Imagine her smoking a joint to Dark Side of the Moon and deciding to make a concept album lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Homogenik View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hex object View Post
    ^ Word is that the collaboration with Maluma will be the first single from the project, which is allegedly called "Medellín" and is rumoured to be out this Wednesday.

She also completed her mission statement for this era, Madame X appears to be either an alter-ego or the title of the record (or both):

All of this reminds me of American Life for obvious reasons (which is great); I would also wager that each of the personas listed is related to a specific song on the record. Above all though, it's very refreshing to see her putting so much effort into this project, especially after the past decade of less inspired works.
    What if each one of the characters on that list represent one song on the album? That way, the song with Maluma would be the one where she's a cha cha cha instructor.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    Please just let this song be good. I can deal with a duet as long as the music is up to par.

I've downloaded Maluma's past two albums on Apple Music just to get a preview of his sound and chops.