Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Album 2018

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post

Does she live in Lisbon or something?
    @Joey!
    Yes

Long-time Lurker
    This is really hard to understand without the full context, which the photographer doesn't include in his post. I wonder what bothered him about this? Isn't it pretty standard for someone to want to hear a photographer's ideas or see some mock-ups before agreeing to have them shoot an album cover?

Looking at the pics on his Instagram, I can't imagine why Madonna would like this guy to make the cover of her album. The pictures he posted look so... childish.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

"Madonna’s next album will be coming out soon, and before its release, she invites the winning bidder and up to three guests to join her in her London recording studio to preview some of the songs from the album with her."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobs.../#71cae5c3bd12

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Since there's been absolutely no news aside from "working on it," some drama has popped up today regarding the new album cover. Apparently Madonna was interested in an artist named Sebastian Bieniek for the cover, so Guy Oseary, her manager, reached out to him. Here's the conversation which Sebastian took screenshots of and posted to his Instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn5fxQEB...bastianbieniek

So, I'm assuming he's no longer in the running.
    Surprising myself first and foremost, I'm firmly on Madonna's side in this case. She has every right to look at as many ideas and as many designers as she likes for her album cover, and this guy is a tool for not acknowledging the opportunity he's being given. Artists, including some top-level ones in every field, have to audition for work. Deal with it or do something else.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Yeah, he immediately showed himself to be puffed up on his own ego in the worst possible way. If Madonna - or any artist of her caliber - contacts you, you show respect.

So this is bad news. Or maybe it's good news. Who knows. https://www.nme.com/news/music/youll...-album-2385535

I just want her to take her time and deliver something genuinely good.

^ agreed. Janet delivered one of the best albums of her career with Unbreakable. I know Madonna’s got it in her too.

She told Vogue Italia in August: “Everything’s so formulaic, and every song has 20 guest artists on it, and everyone sounds the same.”

Ummm....
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

I think it's good news. The end of the year tends to get packed with pre-holiday music releases--Madonna's new album could easily get lost in the shuffle. And with Madonna or ANY artist I like, I'd rather they take the time they need rather than rush a record out.

I know she can do another great album, Rebel Heart is full of amazing moments... But it lacks some cohesion. My biggest fear is that she uses this time to record more duets. I do not want another Nicky Minaj song. I don't her with Calri B or Drake or whoever (well, maybe one song with Beyoncé, I'm ok with that).
    If she decides to spend six months, another year working on the good songs she has, finding some cohesion for the atmosphere of the album and doing another video like "Ghosttown", it's going to be time well spent.

Rebel Heart was a missed opportunity. It's clear she spent time with it and wanted it to be a magnificent album. The others involved with the album though turned it into a rush job. There were also too many songs that unnecessarily made the final cut. Were SEX and Veni Vidi Vici really necessary? I hope the reason she's waiting until next year on this is because she wants to fine tune an album with Mirwais and create a masterpiece we will all still be just as eager to hear 20 years from now. I can still put on albums like Erotica, Ray of Light, Confessions, and be whisked away into a rich, well-defined soundscape for a solid hour or so.

The other day I was doing a playlist with songs of Madonna, and I realized I could add all the songs from Rebel Heart. Each song, independently, are great. But all together it can be too much. It could've been separated in two albums, one of ballads and the other with upbeat songs, and that would've been great. She had enough songs to do that.