Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New Album 2018

Color me fascinated. "God Control"? "Dark Ballet"? "I Don't Search, I Find"? I looooove those titles.

Batuku and Funana are both African dances. Maybe those are just the style of the songs and not the titles? "Come on, Bataku! You've got to, let your body..."

Back That Up was also a leaked Pharrell demo from Rebel Heart which I kind of hate.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

This sounds almost aggressively uncommercial, which is interesting. I'm sure she'll get a lot of flak for being a culture vulture based on what we know about this project so far.

Also, I'm glad that "Beautiful Game" was either dumped or transformed into something else. I didn't care for the bit we heard at the Met Gala, although I quite liked everything else about that performance.

^ Totally agree about 'Beautiful Game', I'm not bothered that it's been scrapped or reworked, there was nothing about it that grabbed me. I've always thought the title was terrible too and prayed that she wouldn't name her album after it (not that the rumoured title 'Magic' is much better though...).

According to an instagram post this morning she finished mixing the record with Mirwais, Mike Dean, and Lauren D'Elia this past weekend, which means we should be hearing something soon (mastering and artwork have to be done, obviously, but I'm very pleased that the recording and mixing of this album is *finally* completed).

Quote Originally Posted by hex object View Post
    I've always thought the title was terrible too and prayed that she wouldn't name her album after it (not that the rumoured title 'Magic' is much better though...)
    Even if Magic was considered to be the title at some point, there's a possibility she may not keep it. During the MDNA era, she had a tendency to change song titles if the song had leaked (Bang Bang changed to Gang Bang and Give Me All Your Love turned into Give Me All Your Luvin).

It doesn't help that some fake album-bashing impressions articles have already been posted. One of them includes this gem:

Unfortunately, what follows is a song about rimming called “Chocolate Pie.” “Let my tongue go down deeper, the taste of your chocolate pie gives me fever,” she sings and whispers in a similar voice to that of her 1992 hit “Where Life Begins.” As the song progresses, we hear farting noises that are followed by Madonna’s moans. Can’t the former Queen of Pop do better than this? Apparantly, not. The next song is called “Golden Showers” and is about how Madonna likes her man to pea on her. “It’s time to take a bath, you get the math/Take your sprinkler out and give me your best. Let’s put your love to the test,” she moans in a song that sounds pretty similar to Janet Jackson’s classic “Throb” from 1993.
    Heck, I almost wish that sort of self-parody were real. Even if as a surprise April Fool's EP.

Good point. I’m sure we’ll all feel annoyed wading through the absolute idiocy of the kind of people who rush to the computer to post fake reviews for the sake of discrediting the album. Guess we should be wary of those who might try to do that and ruin everyone else’s experience because they mistakenly think they’re funny. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. After all those types of people could be literally anywhere.
    Last edited by Adirondak; 11-20-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VampireTampon View Post
    Heck, I almost wish that sort of self-parody were real. Even if as a surprise April Fool's EP.

I hope "Medellin" is not a reggaeton. Please Madonna, don't.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshMownGrass View Post
    Ugh... Get it away from me!!! I had to cleanse myself by revisiting Where Life Begins (which on paper also comes off as ridiculous, but it's more obviously humorous and clever).

"You can eat all you want and you don't get fat"
    "Colonel Sanders says it best: finger lickin' good"
    "Can you make a fire without using wood?"
    "I'm glad you brought your rain coat, I think it's beginning to rain" (this one makes me reconsider those rumors regarding Rain being about %@#)

Anyway... If the new album is wrapping up mixing, will Madonna try to release it in very early 2019 in an attempt to avoid another leak disaster?

Well, if the final mixes are all wrapped up and ready for mastering, she has already accomplished a huge feat, unlike the Rebel Heart leaking disaster with all the demos and unfinished versions leaking before the final stages.

I actually like Magic as a title.

For those that like to read (possibly fake) descriptions of the album, here's a posting from a Reddit thread that's getting attention:

Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

I've occasionally popped in on a Madonna forum and that particular post has been circulating for months and months. Of course some of it *could* be true, but she's seemed to have been working on the record for quite some time since then.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Really hoping that review is pure invention... kind of fun to read though.

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    For those that like to read (possibly fake) descriptions of the album, here's a posting from a Reddit thread that's getting attention:
    This seemed pretty much on-point to me until I read the description for "Turn Back Time". Madonna wouldn't do that in a million years.