Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Album 2018

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post

Does she live in Lisbon or something?
    @Joey!
    Yes

Long-time Lurker
    This is really hard to understand without the full context, which the photographer doesn't include in his post. I wonder what bothered him about this? Isn't it pretty standard for someone to want to hear a photographer's ideas or see some mock-ups before agreeing to have them shoot an album cover?

Looking at the pics on his Instagram, I can't imagine why Madonna would like this guy to make the cover of her album. The pictures he posted look so... childish.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

"Madonna’s next album will be coming out soon, and before its release, she invites the winning bidder and up to three guests to join her in her London recording studio to preview some of the songs from the album with her."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobs.../#71cae5c3bd12

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Since there's been absolutely no news aside from "working on it," some drama has popped up today regarding the new album cover. Apparently Madonna was interested in an artist named Sebastian Bieniek for the cover, so Guy Oseary, her manager, reached out to him. Here's the conversation which Sebastian took screenshots of and posted to his Instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn5fxQEB...bastianbieniek

So, I'm assuming he's no longer in the running.
    Surprising myself first and foremost, I'm firmly on Madonna's side in this case. She has every right to look at as many ideas and as many designers as she likes for her album cover, and this guy is a tool for not acknowledging the opportunity he's being given. Artists, including some top-level ones in every field, have to audition for work. Deal with it or do something else.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Yeah, he immediately showed himself to be puffed up on his own ego in the worst possible way. If Madonna - or any artist of her caliber - contacts you, you show respect.