Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Album 2018

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    It's incomprehensible to me that Madonna takes any kind of direction from her record label. I guess that means she's still receiving advances. Weird.

That comment she left on Oseary's post is so interesting to me. My complaint about her last several records has been that they seem unfocused, rushed, spread too thin, etc. It seems like she feels the same way? I'm surprised that she commented about what she is/isn't "allowed" to do. I assumed that whatever label arrangement she has had the last decade or so, she's had complete creative control because she's...well, she's Madonna. Maybe she doesn't? But why would she enter an arrangement where she didn't have that kind of control? I don't get it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a new album. Rebel Heart was her best record, far and away, since Confessions. If she could get together with one or two strong collaborators and deliver an album with a unified, cohesive vision...which it sounds like she wants to do...I think the results could be awesome.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

#freemadonna
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

So confused

Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

I am dangerously close to un-following her on Instagram and just holding out for real music news. This MDNA Skin thing is by far my least favorite thing she's ever done.

I unfollowed her a long time ago and haven’t regretted it. I will never understand some of the photos she posts. They’re so unflattering that I have to assume she must be trolling people.

Does she really need the money? I don't get it. It's artistically damaging.

Wasn't she just lamenting about the importance of creativity?
    Last edited by SloppyJane; 03-07-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

Madonna's recording space for the new album in London:

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    Does she really need the money? I don't get it. It's artistically damaging.

Wasn't she just lamenting about the importance of creativity?
    1. She has to do those things as part of her 360 deal with Live Narkon since albums no longer make money.

2. She directs a good portion of proceeds from things like this to her charity work in Malawi.

have mercy. Mirwais!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FreshMownGrass View Post
    I hate when she uses fanmade shit to promote stuff that’s presumably not even finished yet.

I think Aldo Diaz' artworks are awful and amateurish, but she seems to love them. He already did the BIM single and RHT dvd/cd cover arts. This could be his first album cover and I'm really scared.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshMownGrass View Post
    I think Aldo Diaz' artworks are awful and amateurish, but she seems to love them. He already did the BIM single and RHT dvd/cd cover arts. This could be his first album cover and I'm really scared.
    The cover art for the Rebel Heart DVD/CD is not by him. She posted a picture he did on her Instagram promoting the DVD but he didn't design the actual cover. The cover is a photograph from the tour, not a drawing of her by him. Just because she posts a picture he did on her Instagram doesn't mean he will be designing the actual cover of the single or album

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I don't understand - is Beautiful Game the name of the new album?