Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: New album: Madame X (Released June 14, 2019)

“Ciao Bella” is definitely the new “Has to Be.” I like that it’s the final song on the 2CD version, because it’s become my definitive final album track.

Anyway, I love the album. It’s rich and substantial in ways that she has been in a long time. Overall quality-wise I say it’s definitely better than the last three albums.

Initial favorites:

Come Alive (Pure romantic, euphoric trademark Madonna pop. Like “Body Shop”’s classier older sister.)
    God Control (Bring on the video!)
    Ciao Bella
    I Don’t Search, I Find (How did Shep Pettibone not produce this?)
    Faz Gostoso (What a surprise! Improves on the original in just about every way.)

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I hope they release the other physical exclusive bonus tracks as a digital EP like they did for Rebel Heart; the good reviews here make me excited to hear them.
    You can find them all on youtube.

I tried, but I can't connect with this album. I don't know what it is.
    Except for "Dark ballet" and "God control", I can't find the "this is the craziest thing Madonna has ever done!!!!" factor, and even those two songs just don't work for me. I can't understand why there are two songs with Maluma, "Medellín" was more than enough. "Extreme Occident" is mediocre, "Killers who are partying" sounds like a parody of Mad TV, and "Looking for mercy" is her worst song since "Mother and father" for me. "Crave" and "Faz gostoso" are ok, but if I can only rescue two songs that means that I'm back in the Hard Candy/MDNA scenario again.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondak View Post
    You can find them all on youtube.
    Eh. Too much work and not in the format I'd like. I'll wait for an official digital release, if at all.
    Last edited by Faust; 06-15-2019 at 04:02 PM.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Some great ideas here (God Control, Dark Ballet), but she just didn't push them hard enough. Most tracks sounds half baked.
    She could've given us dystopia on the dancefloor! How great would that be.

I think some of you bitches are crazy. This is one of her best records, the most exciting since American Life, and a welcome breath of fresh air in the dire musical landscape of 2019.

Although the album somewhat grew on me, I still think it feels weird as a complete unit.
    The songs don't talk to one another well. The mood is all over the place.
    Also, it's hard for me to take political messages seriously right next to songs with lyrics like "Put it in me".

A strong producer would have told her she was shooting all over the place, but she worked with different producers and it shows.

My favorites so far:
    Come Alive - addicting.
    Crazy - very nice, not amazing. At lease she's really singing here.
    Looking for Mercy - that chorus.
    Faz Gostoso - fun.
    God Control - more of an experiment than a good song, but some parts are very nice.

I'm actually surprised with all the great reviews. I didn't think reviewers were gonna get this album.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I think some of you bitches are crazy. This is one of her best records, the most exciting since American Life, and a welcome breath of fresh air in the dire musical landscape of 2019.
    I think it's a really compelling album. I love when Madonna does experimental pop. It reminds me more of Erotica in terms of experimentation. There's some really clever song-writing in here. I like it immediately more than most of Rebel Heart, which felt pretty generic to me.

Future and Crave have really grown on me.

Also, as much as I like the speech by Gomez in I Rise, I wish I could edit it out as it is a really painful reminder of that day. I like the song okay, but it's not her greatest closer.

Batuka and Killers Who are Partying are my favorites!

And Dark Ballet

My least one is Come Alive
    Last edited by Alamo; Yesterday at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange Clouds View Post
    I think it's a really compelling album. I love when Madonna does experimental pop. It reminds me more of Erotica in terms of experimentation. There's some really clever song-writing in here. I like it immediately more than most of Rebel Heart, which felt pretty generic to me.

Future and Crave have really grown on me.

Also, as much as I like the speech by Gomez in I Rise, I wish I could edit it out as it is a really painful reminder of that day. I like the song okay, but it's not her greatest closer.

^ ditto to all of these comments!